X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bingo! Can you elaborate, OFCACHAP?

Comment

Unicorn-Kanchana, of course, though I haven't worked out how they all fit in (apart from Bate).

Looks like Berkely's Jane Eyre is on that label, probably the New Avengers soundtrack as well?
      Last edited by Guest; 20-01-11, 13:32. Reason: Update!

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
        Bingo! Can you elaborate, OFCACHAP?
        Unicorn record label, Bate, Herrmann... but don't know about Johnson

Comment

Johnson released his own music on Unicorn-Kanchana also, including music from the New Avengers.

Excellent work all round!

Comment

'The television composer Laurie Johnson recorded film scores on Unicorn-Kanchana, as well as an album of his own music from The Avengers, The New Avengers and The Professionals.'

Comment

Excellent work all round!
              A bloody mess, if you ask me. I do NOT want to set V.

Comment

Funnily enough, I have a V question left over from two alphabet cycles ago(!), but I really think Ofcachap should have it for getting Unicorn. Tapiola's choice, anyway.

Comment

What do you think, guys? OFCACHAP's go? The answer was really only "Unicorn" though the double-barrelled thing was employed as (in retrospect what could laughingly be deemed) a clarifier.

My alternative "U" was far more suave, honest.

Comment

What do you think, guys? OFCACHAP's go? The answer was really only "Unicorn" though the double-barrelled thing was employed as (in retrospect what could laughingly be deemed) a clarifier.
                    I was completely foxed by the mention of a hyphenated word. And if you'd put Horenstein instead of Bate, it would have been clearer as far as I was concerned! Ofcachap was quickest to the answer and he should set V

Comment

Well, apart from knowing the Unda Maris stop and that the Unicorn was a symbol of purity, I'm afraid you might as well all have been posting in Martian for all that I understood. But that is my fault, not yours. I wait patiently in hope ... well in Bakewell, anyway!
                      Last edited by Guest; 20-01-11, 16:39.

Comment

We await Ofcachap, who is away at the moment, perhaps hatching some devilish retribution.

As usual, it all made fairly straighforward sense in the end, though the hyphen clue might have hindered rather than helped. I was, after that, looking for some pair of words starting upper-, ultra-, under-, upward- or something like that! (Even though I got the -Kanchana once the unicorn emerged.) And it seems the original answer, as conceived, was Unicorn on its own, anyway.
                        Last edited by Guest; 20-01-11, 16:29. Reason: Hit post instead of preview!

Comment

OK folks, I'll have a go at setting a 'V' question that is neither too cryptic nor too simple.

Comment

What 'V connects a German municipality, a middle-period opera and a 2nd novel?

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                              What 'V connects a German municipality, a middle-period opera and a 2nd novel?
                              I don't know if you're being deliberately devious, but Werther fits the bill - pronounced, but not spelt, with a V?

Comment

I was thinking Verdi, with Traviata being middle period and based on La Dame aux Camelias, a novel that Dumas wrote in 1848, and which was only predated by Atala, but that was a play, so La Dame wasn’t really a second novel. No idea yet how the Teutonic connection would fit in, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X