X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not the first cover but it beefs up the alliteration count eh ...

issued in 1966 an album of Kenny Ball Chris Barber and Acker Bilk 'The best of Ball Barber & Bilk' Marble Arch records; er something about football that year.....

http://www.discogs.com/Kenny-Ball-Ch...release/704618
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 24-01-11, 16:07. Reason: clarifying link
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

what three words beginning with c and linked by the notion of 'plenty' might be given by Elgar's Overture; Mozart's Concertos and the emperor's comment on his music?
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Originally posted by hercule
        on Amazon it says this is made up of tracks recorded in the 60's and 70's
        I think this applies to the recent re-release (it's not uncommon for bonus tracks to be added during remastering or upon reissue).

Comment

No apology needed. I'm impressed by aka...'s addition of further alliteration of which I was unaware. The two tracks I described were, of course, Kenny Ball's 'Midnight in Moscow' (originally called 'Leningrad Nights' and/or - some say - Suburban Nights In Moscow) and Acker Bilk's 'Stranger On the Shore'.

Comment

No it is my apology needed...
            1 not making it sufficiently clear that the cover was not the answer ... the link was ... i trust this is to a reference to the original 1966 release as titled in the post
            2 not waiting for confirmation before posting a question about C ... i plead terror at the thought and could not wait to think of something quick!

I will happily yield the question setting to hercule!

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              what three words beginning with c and linked by the notion of 'plenty' might be given by Elgar's Overture; Mozart's Concertos and the emperor's comment on his music?
              Calum,

I'm not completely happy with my answer, but...

Cockaigne (the land of plenty, or too much, as in Breughel's painting), cornucopia (the horn of plenty - Mozart's horn concertos), and copious (too many notes).

Comment

well done Tapiola, may i be excused now?

Comment

*phew*

As you were, Calum.

Comment

Ok, on to D...

What "D" connects a fictitious resident of Fleet Street, an early work by Hindemith and a British cinematic shocker released in Sibelius' last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                      Ok, on to D...

What "D" connects a fictitious resident of Fleet Street, an early work by Hindemith and a British cinematic shocker released in Sibelius' last year?
                      I'm not sure if it's this easy but I'm thinking Demon, as in barber of Fleet St., Der Daemon and Night of the...

Comment

rubbernecker,

Gosh, that was quick. Congratulations. I thought a straightforward one might be in order after my more abstruse offerings.

Over to you for "E".

Comment

And congrats to you too, hercule - unfortunately pipped at the post.

Comment

What E connects a Hibernian lager, a canopied penny-farthing and an ode to the pleasures of butter?

Comment

Elms?
                              Nope

Comment

Ellis?
                                Pouvez-vous expliquer?

Comment

Working...
                                X