• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
    Feeble first attempt follows:

What N connects
    a trio member's breakthrough
    John's wandering eye
    the stage-struck sister of genius?
    Hope that helps, Ammie! (It's the "feeble" that gets me!)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Hope that helps, Ammie! (It's the "feeble" that gets me!)
      Agreed, fhg - especially when scb uses it!

So ... we're still in the starting blocks with this one, issit?

Comment

yes but now you are here to save us Am!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          yes but now you are here to save us Am!
          As someone once observed, "if men are the answer, what the [phucque] is the question?"

Comment

Shall we send a semaphore message to greenilex? I've tried nod, plots involving Noddy & Big Ears, nudge, (both to a horse and a bat) and Noddy Holder and got nowhere. As an aside, I wonder how much money Noddy H. made out of his Christmas record? What is the statuesque nod that mercia refers to?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              What is the statuesque nod that mercia refers to?
              well I admit Mozart's Don Giovanni (John) isn't my expertise, but the synopsis says a statue nods its head (end of Act 2 scene 3)

I was also wondering if Mozart was the genius with the sister in that part of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                I was also wondering if Mozart was the genius with the sister in that part of the question.
                She was nicknamed "Nannerl", but is this a "gesture", and was she "stage-struck"?
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

There is a film it seems Nannerl, la soeur de Mozart and she was a talented violnist. So, violins, neck? Actually, that doesn't make any sense either, as to gesture, does it

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    She was nicknamed "Nannerl", but is this a "gesture", and was she "stage-struck"?
                    indeed she was thus nicknamed. No and probably not.

Comment

Nannerl was the first N I thought of when I read the question but I couldn't make that particular sister of a genius link with anything else (including the stage-struck requirement) esp. the gestural aspect, so I forgot about her...

Where is our question-setter I wonder!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Well...(s)he's not on line at the moment. Is it just me, or has 'AA' become slightly dysfunctional of late?

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                          Well...(s)he's not on line at the moment. Is it just me, or has 'AA' become slightly dysfunctional of late?

There have been some big speedings up and slowings down of late, but I guess it's inevitable - and I quite like the mix of quick fire questions and more convoluted testing ones, especially from new visitors!

Comment

Sorry for dysfunctionality - explained by videochat with new granddaughter.

Nannerl is good. So is the nod idea, although incorrect.

I said it was a bit feeble, so don't expect perfection straight away, will you?

Comment

Any chance of a teeny clue greenilex, so we can ponder overnight?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Any chance of a teeny clue greenilex, so we can ponder overnight?

That would be great. The surname of John perhaps? and the kind of trio we're dealing with.

But we now know that the sister concerned is Maria Anna Walburga Ignatia Mozart (30 July 1751 – 29 October 1829)

Comment

Working...
                                X