I have to reply in the negative.

Therein it lies...
      Negative? No? So, that's a No then!

Comment

Wrap it up then, Anna.

Comment

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
          Wrap it up then, Anna.
          I don't know it greenilex! I had a thought but it doesn't fit the clues and I'm offline now and will leave it to the others.

Comment

The sun has risen, as usual, in Suffolk...but I'm still totally in the dark as far as this question is concerned. Any chance, please, of a recapitulation of wherever it is we are?

Comment

Like Anna, I'm going offline now...let's hope I understand the answer when it finally arrives!

Comment

Are we talking No?

Like Rumpole's fixation on Nod(dy) I now cannot get No Regrets by the Walker Brothers (a trio) out of my stupid head....................

We the clueless await a clue............................

Comment

antongould: thank you for the 'we'...I feel a little less stupid now! Where on Earth IS greenilex?

Comment

In Southampton.

Working backwards from the answer:

No, No, Nan etc is a musical.

"On yonder hill there stands a maiden" is an eighteenth century song.

The worst one first - Nessun Dorma means No body...

I too feel like a ghoul with no body, but I think that's just the MB speaking.

Comment

I don't really understand the link between the question and the answers (despite having a degree from the University of Southampton ).
                      I suppose the wandering eye refers to 'Oh No John, No John No'...but does the 'trio' refer to the three words in the name of the musical or to the original Three Tenors Concert at the Baths of Calacalla?
                      Just a mo....I suppose a trio member's breakthrough could refer to the change from 'No, No' to 'Nanette'...which leaves us with ....(sorry, my brain's seized up).
                      (The customary English translation of 'Nessun Dorma' is 'None shall sleep' by the way).

Comment

I see no gestures in those answers (except ones from frustrated solvers)?

Comment

Well, parsing the word No is a trifle otiose and as a gesture I find it clearer.

Yes, I'm way too loose-linking for the game, but it was fun. Well done all. I think A

Comment

.....Anna should have the next conundrum-setting privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              I don't know it greenilex! I had a thought but it doesn't fit the clues and I'm offline now and will leave it to the others.
                              I dunno - what a shower! Mercia won't set them, Anna won't finish them, and I don't understand any of it ...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                I dunno - what a shower! Mercia won't set them, Anna won't finish them, and I don't understand any of it ...
                                Well, my thought about the 'No' was that it was to do with Luigi Nono, but obviously it wasn't him. Norfy got the No No Nanette so perhaps he should set it as I'm not going to be around (and I still don't understand about the maiden on yonder hill)

Comment

Working...
                                X