X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flay
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    well, I had to put that into google and he really is farmer who is black! Name of Wilfrid Emmanuel-Jones!! Farms in Devon. I must look out for his produce. Sorry to interrupt musings.
    No doubt VERY large sausages then?
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• amateur51

Always on the lookout for a recommended sausage - how are they, norfs?

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
        a constant Survivor?
        "Frankie Sullivan is best known for being a founding member of the band Survivor, and has been the only constant member of the band since its formation in 1977."

???

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

Camille Sullivan starred in the film The Sea Beast (Troglodyte)

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/reviews/SeaBeast_1.jpg

I thought you would like this one.... But I know it's not what is wanted.
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
            • Mar 2007

This might be warmer - The Songs of the Wrens (troglodytes troglodytes) is a song cycle by Arthur Sullivan
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

Maxine Sullivan often performed vocals for John Kirby's sextet, and in 1937 recorded what would become her signature tune, a swing version of the Scottish ballad 'Loch Lomond'.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Excellent work, Flay - I think no further explanation is necessary. Sullivan it is. Please serve T at your convenience.
                As for the Black Farmer sausages - they were delicious, as usual, served tonight with boiled potatoes and baby courgettes. (Incidentally, Mr. Emmanuel-Jones stood unsucessfully as a Conservative candidate for Cheltenham at the last General Election).

Comment

• Norfolk Born

It would be churlish not to mention the contributions of fhg and mercia which possibly laid the foundations for Flay's storming run to the finishing line.

Comment

• amateur51

Excellent work, Flay - I think no further explanation is necessary. Sullivan it is. Please serve T at your convenience.
                    As for the Black Farmer sausages - they were delicious, as usual, served tonight with boiled potatoes and baby courgettes. (Incidentally, Mr. Emmanuel-Jones stood unsucessfully as a Conservative candidate for Cheltenham at the last General Election).
                    Good news about the sausages, Norfs - let's hope that Mr Emmanuel-Jones fares better personally than a previously unsuccessful Black Tory candidate for Cheltenham, Lord Taylor

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

What an amazing "thread" this is you go away for a while and come back to find it awash with the majestic Maxine Sullivan! Did anyone else used to listen to the wonderful Benny Green on Sunday afternoons on R2? He loved Maxine as IMHO everyone should.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        Good news about the sausages, Norfs - let's hope that Mr Emmanuel-Jones fares better personally than a previously unsuccessful Black Tory candidate for Cheltenham, Lord Taylor
                        Well, a further look at his website says I can get hold of Mr. Emmanuel-Jones' sausages at Waitrose. I will hopefully obtain them tomorrow. I also like his range of clothing. Goodness, this thread really does open up new vistas. And wiki says it was Chippenham, not Cheltenham, and he was defeated by only 2,500 votes by the LibDems.

Comment

• Flay
                          • Mar 2007

It would be churlish not to mention the contributions of fhg and mercia which possibly laid the foundations for Flay's storming run to the finishing line.
                          I've been out all evening. I agree, I could not have done it without the "wren" from fhg and Frankie Sullivan from Mercia. I can claim no credit, the rest was easy.

Perhaps one of you could offer a T as frankly I'm pooped out, need to get to bed. Otherwise it might be a while.

I hope none of you choke on the sausages.
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            No doubt VERY large sausages then?
                            One goes away for several hours to read a lesson at a carol concert and then dine out* and the thread is awash with charcuterie-based innuendo!!!

*For those who are interested:

...I had the Coquilles St Jacques to start and then one of the most delicious things I have eaten in years: Le Magret de canard au foie gras poêlé
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Whoops! It was Chippenham, of course - I should have remembered, having watched a documentary on the campaign.
                              If Flay can't be persuaded to set the next question, perhaps one of his two 'pacemakers' (i.e. fhg or mercia) would kindly oblige?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

...I had the Coquilles St Jacques to start and then one of the most delicious things I have eaten in years: Le Magret de canard au foie gras poêlé
                                I'd totally forgotten about this stalwart of French cuisine in London - it sounds like you did yourself proud - bravo!

Comment

Working...
                                X