X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect that the answer to Don Petter's 'P' was one of those you either did or didn't know (if you know that I mean). I always hoped that the time I spent trainspotting all those years ago would prove useful. Here's an 'R' question for your joint and several delectation:

Which R has something in common with Ludwig van Beethoven, Benjamin Britten and Francis Poulenc?

Comment

Romance?

They all composed works or movements entitled "Romance".

Comment

You're on the right lines inasmuch as certain compositions will help you towards the answer, but the connections are more specific, comprising between 2 and 6 words (excluding the definite and indefinite articles), and the actual answer is a name.
        Last edited by Guest; 31-01-11, 16:23. Reason: Clarification of message

Comment

Hmm...

I was going to say "rage" but then you have qualified the answer by saying it is a name...

Comment

Robert?

Beethoven's Scottish Songs contain settings by Robert Burns, Britten sets Robert Burns in "A Birthday Hansel" and Poulenc sets Robert Desnos in "Dernier Poeme".

(If this is wrong I will shut up for a while...)

Comment

It's wrong, but please don't feel you have to shut up. Would it help if I said you're looking for a surname?

Comment

Time for another clue, perhaps: 'R' is a fourth composer.

Comment

You've set a real poser this time, OFCA!!! Time for bed, with aching head...!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

...as long as you awake with cheerful feelings on arriving in the country...
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-11, 11:53. Reason: Clue supplemented to help with the LvB reference

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                      ...as long as you awake with cheerful feelings on arriving in the country...
                      (It seems I have to post again for the edit to appear as a new posting).

Comment

Comment

Is the answer Ravel?

Comment

The first two letters of your answer are correct...to help further, you should discover the composer in question via, respectively, a very well-known symphony, a work for soloists and orchestra and three works for four players. Other than give you the answer, I'm not sure how much more helpful I can be!

Comment

Dear me... Rawsthorne?

Comment

Yup! Would you care to elucidate?

Comment

Working...
                                X