X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to have some visitors - we need some more different brains round here (and ardcarp never hurt anyone).

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      Gordon Bennett [does he have 2 Ts?]! '
      He does (or did) indeed:

Mrs Ardcarp and I have been up all night (wet towels, coffee, etc) trying to puzzle out the 'U'.

Not sure we've the will for 'V'
      Oh do stick around. Perhaps you'll be like me, I read all the questions, get close to solving practically none, feel no pressure to do so, but occasionally pounce (though not lately )... and some of the by-ways on this thread are interesting and amusing.

Drop by from time to time!!
      Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 05-02-11, 12:16. Reason: Correcting dodgy link. Gordon Bennett...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Oh do stick around. Perhaps you'll be like me, I read all the questions, get close to solving practically none, feel no pressure to do so, but occasionally pounce (though not lately )... and some of the by-ways on this thread are interesting and amusing.
        A pounce of sense is worth a pound of theory ...

Comment

Cheers Don

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
          Peter Barlow's started drinking again....

OFCA: pleased to see (from my Saturday scan of the Omni) that Barlow jnr seems to have been projected back onto the wagon thanks to Hayley's flapping, well-meaning gob...
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

OFCA: pleased to see (from my Saturday scan of the Omni) that Barlow jnr seems to have been projected back onto the wagon thanks to Hayley's flapping, well-meaning gob...
            Is this a cryptic clue to the puzzle 'V' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              If it is it's too cryptic for me, and I have been accused of excess crypticity.

I should be online up to tomorrow morning, now, so I'll be keeping an eye on things, but I'll not give a clue for a while, to let possible theories mature a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post

. . . an ex-ballet concocter …….. expound.
                Sorry, not quite sure, but do you mean a choreographer?
                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                  Sorry, not quite sure, but do you mean a choreographer?
                  You might be on the right track.

(Had to preserve the rhythm of the phrase!)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    Anna - it's a long-standing tradition, dating back all of 3 weeks, that those of us who haven't yet worked out the answer to the current question like to engage in the odd bit of 'Corrie chat'.
                    Caliban - like I said, it's young Simon I worry about. For me, the highlight of the last couple of weeks has been Sally's efforts to thwart Kevin's attempts to sell the family home.

Comment

Oh, Coronation Street, never seen it. Should I? Is there a link to Vaughan Williams ballet?

Comment

Not that I'm aware - but the degree of cunning exhibited by some contributors to this board is such that I wouldn't rule it out!

Comment

Ok, I'll bite. Vaslav Nijinsky might be the link between ex-ballet composer (Tchaikovsky) and ex-ballet concocter (Michel Fokine).
                          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

I thought it might be George Ballantine,have I spelt that wrong?

Comment

Piano and Anna,

You're on the right lines, but not the right guys!

Monty Python might set you on the right train of thought (three times).

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                                Monty Python might set you on the right train of thought (three times).
                                Don Petter: Completely stuck: Monty Python "We are three wise men" is all I can think of. Give us another clue, pls!
                                Anna: It's George Balanchine.

Comment

Working...
                                X