X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Monty Python help(?) entailed a parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
      The Monty Python help(?) entailed a parrot.
      Help?? H E L P ? ? *splutter, splutter*

Oh, and never mind Barlow jr. back on the wagon. I think "Leanne" is a brilliant actress!
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

I'm completely flummoxed, too.
        Oh, and never mind Leanne - where's Schmeichel? Are there regulations governing the number of hours dogs can work on TV?

Comment

Soon be bedtime for me, at least.

At the risk of yet more dripping clues acting like water torture, I give you this:

The parrot was meant to help with thrice repeated terminology, the answer is a place.

Comment

Vladivostok. Rudolf Nureyev born on a train travelling to Vladivostok. But ex-ballet concocter?
            Tchaikovsky born in Votkins.
            My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

The parrot was a Norwegian Blue. Therefore Le Train Bleu which equals the V & A Museum. Exhibition of. Or not, as the case may be.

Comment

Very quiet this morning, but I know that all your eyes are out there looking at me, unseen in the gloom apart from the occasional dim glow of a TV, circling, like Caliban, waiting to pounce ……. (Paranoid? Me?)

Piano and Anna are following the right nationality. The question would not have been possible before 1973.

Comment

Mornin' Don. Curioser and curioser. Anna off to Norway and the V&A - me still languishing in Russia. Any chance of perhaps rephrasing your question which I actually don't quite understand.

Comment

I'm leaning towards Vietnam. The Vietnam War ended in 1973. Twyla Tharp - ballet choreographer - did a lot of good deeds for Vietnam veterans...guess there must be a baller dancer also tied in with or maybe a PoW in the Vietnam War. Can't see the tie-in with Monty Python..

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                      Any chance of perhaps rephrasing your question which I actually don't quite understand.
                      May I respectfully second Piaonrak's request?
                      (Corrie query while awaiting help and/or inspiration: How much booze is left undrunk at the bottom of glasses in the Rovers over the course of an average month?)

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                        (Corrie query while awaiting help and/or inspiration: How much booze is left undrunk at the bottom of glasses in the Rovers over the course of an average month?)
                        We'll have to ask Stephen Hough who is a good friend of Betty Driver who is "Betty" and who will have the answer, no doubt! Have reported the owners of Schmeichel and Eccles to the RSPCA.

Comment

Here is a visual rephrasing (remember the 'as given'?), with an additional surrounding clue:

Comment

Do you think the answer to DP's question might be 'Veatherfield' by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                              remember the 'as given'?
                              well, I hope "as given" is not to be read as an anagram of "in Vegas"...

Shared cemetery? - Venice? I dunno....

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                                well, I hope "as given" is not to be read as an anagram of "in Vegas"...

Shared cemetery? - Venice? I dunno....

What a relief (for me, anyway)! Well done vint! You are correct in both latter thoughts. Can you 'fill in' at least two of the occupants?

Comment

Working...
                                X