X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

I think Flay got there well before me and with Anna's help I have only acted as an interpreter!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Well ... Flay seemed to hint at a couple of the songs involved, and antongould at a third. Four of the six singers have been named. No explicit mention yet, as far as I can see, of the 'D' word, and no mention of the fourth song.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Are we talking the Andrews Sisters, who seem to make Simon and Garfunkel appear as lifelong friends, Peggy Lee, Petula Clark and Julie Covington and a lot of very negative songs?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Comment

• Anna

Are you ever going to spit it out anton or are you waiting for Flay?

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              ... the Andrews Sisters, ... Simon and Garfunkel , Peggy Lee, Petula Clark and Julie Covington ...

(it's all right: I've taken my tablets... )

May I hazard a guess that the answer to the next puzzler will be 'The Everly Brothers'?

Comment

• Flay
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Don't wait for me. You'll be waiting a long time... Just had 2 partners resign, one threatening to go on sick for "stress." It feels like I am going through a double divorce.
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
                  • Mar 2007

Don't cry for me.....
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    I shall be offline between 1.15 and approximnately 4.00 p.m. Shall I 'spill the beans' and let you decide between you who gets to set 'E', or hope that somebody pops his or head above the parapet by the time I return?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Cross-posting! I think flay would (understandably, by the sound of it) really like somebody else to set 'E'. Any offers or shall I reveal all (ooh, matron!)

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Time to move on, I think
                        London-born Julie Covington: Don't Cry For Me, Argentina
                        N. Dakota-born Peggy Lee: Don't Smoke in Bed
                        Epsom-born Petula Clark: Don't Sleep In the Subway Darling
                        Minnesota-born Andrews Sisters: Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me).
                        I'll leave you to decide who gets to set 'E' (Helpful hint: Don't mention Don and Phil )

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                          Don't wait for me. You'll be waiting a long time... Just had 2 partners resign, one threatening to go on sick for "stress." It feels like I am going through a double divorce.
                          Really sorry to hear of your partnership troubles Flay and hoping that matters can be resolved quickly

Comment

• Flay
                            • Mar 2007

Thanks, Anna. I have popped back here for a sniff of sanity.

I can't even find where I got the "don't be mean" song from this morning - it had a Surrey link.

Do you want an E? This is just a simple one-liner answer:

This E can be open in a shut case, but cannot easily be flattened.
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Is this a legal in joke like evidence or something - if so we'd better wait for Rumpole's early morning meeting with the Mafia(?) to finish!
                              Sad I had been studying Don and Phil all day.

Comment

• Flay
                                • Mar 2007

No, nothing lawful or unlawful
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X