X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Flay got there well before me and with Anna's help I have only acted as an interpreter!

Comment

Well ... Flay seemed to hint at a couple of the songs involved, and antongould at a third. Four of the six singers have been named. No explicit mention yet, as far as I can see, of the 'D' word, and no mention of the fourth song.

Comment

Are we talking the Andrews Sisters, who seem to make Simon and Garfunkel appear as lifelong friends, Peggy Lee, Petula Clark and Julie Covington and a lot of very negative songs?

Comment

Comment

Are you ever going to spit it out anton or are you waiting for Flay?

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              ... the Andrews Sisters, ... Simon and Garfunkel , Peggy Lee, Petula Clark and Julie Covington ...

(it's all right: I've taken my tablets... )

May I hazard a guess that the answer to the next puzzler will be 'The Everly Brothers'?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Don't wait for me. You'll be waiting a long time... Just had 2 partners resign, one threatening to go on sick for "stress." It feels like I am going through a double divorce.
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Don't cry for me.....
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    I shall be offline between 1.15 and approximnately 4.00 p.m. Shall I 'spill the beans' and let you decide between you who gets to set 'E', or hope that somebody pops his or head above the parapet by the time I return?

Comment

Cross-posting! I think flay would (understandably, by the sound of it) really like somebody else to set 'E'. Any offers or shall I reveal all (ooh, matron!)

Comment

Time to move on, I think
                        London-born Julie Covington: Don't Cry For Me, Argentina
                        N. Dakota-born Peggy Lee: Don't Smoke in Bed
                        Epsom-born Petula Clark: Don't Sleep In the Subway Darling
                        Minnesota-born Andrews Sisters: Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me).
                        I'll leave you to decide who gets to set 'E' (Helpful hint: Don't mention Don and Phil )

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                          Don't wait for me. You'll be waiting a long time... Just had 2 partners resign, one threatening to go on sick for "stress." It feels like I am going through a double divorce.
                          Really sorry to hear of your partnership troubles Flay and hoping that matters can be resolved quickly

Comment

Thanks, Anna. I have popped back here for a sniff of sanity.

I can't even find where I got the "don't be mean" song from this morning - it had a Surrey link.

Do you want an E? This is just a simple one-liner answer:

This E can be open in a shut case, but cannot easily be flattened.
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Is this a legal in joke like evidence or something - if so we'd better wait for Rumpole's early morning meeting with the Mafia(?) to finish!
                              Sad I had been studying Don and Phil all day.

Comment

No, nothing lawful or unlawful
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X