This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Well, if you are being dense then so am I, as I assumed the answer was Id !!!!!!!!! We therefor await Ferny's judgement!
    You see! Id was a good job I asked!

Let's go and be dense together behind the engine sheds, Anna.... toot toot !!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      What? How? Who? Where? Why? What is the I, and how do the clues work?

I have less understanding of this puzzle than of any on AA hitherto...
      You're not alone in that, M'lud!

Comment

You see! Id was a good job I asked!

I'd ask if I could join in, or at least watch, except that I fear my reason for doing so would be misunderstood.

Comment

Well, seeing as it's Friday, and you ask so nicely, I'll send you a signal and then we can get on track!

Comment

Well, seeing as it's Friday, and you ask so nicely, I'll send you a signal and then we can get on track!

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
              [/B]

I'd ask if I could join in, or at least watch, except that I fear my reason for doing so would be misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                [/B]

And you might set Mr Pee off

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Pee off
                  I only arsked!!

How were the excellent Mr Tadaka and his young charges?

Comment

I only arsked!!

How were the excellent Mr Tadaka and his young charges?
                    Well he didn't show(praps I got it wrong?) and the perf was conducted by Jac van Steen who assisted the young uns in giving an overwhelming performance (it's not a large hall & you are very close to the action) of Shostakovich symphony no 5. I'm not sure if it was intended as HIPP or maybe she was a tad nervous but the 1st horn's solo was played with truly authentic Soviet wobble and took my right back Some outstanding sectional & individual stuff and there were moments when Jac could have been a younger Bernard

The fact that I then had a couple of pints of Adnam's Explorer at Baker Street Wevverspoons made no impact whatsoever upon this review.

I'm now going for my customary snoozle

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Well he didn't show(praps I got it wrong?) and the perf was conducted by Jac van Steen who assisted the young uns in giving an overwhelming performance (it's not a large hall & you are very close to the action) of Shostakovich symphony no 5. I'm not sure if it was intended as HIPP or maybe she was a tad nervous but the 1st horn's solo was played with truly authentic Soviet wobble and took my right back Some outstanding sectional & individual stuff and there were moments when Jac could have been a younger Bernard

The fact that I then had a couple of pints of Adnam's Explorer at Baker Street Wevverspoons made no impact whatsoever upon this review.

I'm now going for my customary snoozle

I heard the Royal College orchestra do no 8 under the older Bernard in their similarly-sized hall: yes, the loud bits especially are overwhelming!

Lots of Soviet wobble and a couple of Explorers... No wonder you need a lie down!

Comment

I guess it's my go. This is the best I can offer

what J is

a witty misattribution in C, Frankie in Strauss's final work and Max's final hometown

Comment

You have not been neglected mercia, I am now off to eat, although I have not had a chance of looking at your J. But I will. Oh yes, I will. (Is that a threat or a promise?)

Comment

off to eat
                            something delicious no doubt
                            my question is not worthy of your (or anyone's) attention
                            I think I shall listen to Myaskovsky's 10th "as massive as if it were made of iron"

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              something delicious no doubt
                              my question is not worthy of your (or anyone's) attention
                              Oh for goodness sake mercia. Yes I will be eating delicious Italian stuff but don't go into your I Am Not Worthy stuff! It's just we are all busy, we love you mercia, you are the terrier that never gives up, oh, don't subside into a heap, please.

Comment

aye-aye cap'n

so what's on the menu tonight Anna-of-a-thousand-dishes?

do you believe what they're saying today about processed meat?

Comment

Working...
                                X