This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
    You could always consult the late Jackie Wilson.....
    Reet Petite

Comment

rossini petite messe solennelle

Comment

Like Eric Morecambe, you've got all the right words but not in the right order....
        ... Samuel Coleridge-Taylor & his Petite Suite de Concert
        Last edited by Guest; 15-01-12, 16:00. Reason: additional info

Comment

Yes - that was merely to ascertain/confirm that the link is indeed 'Petite'.
          To recap: We have Debussy's Petite Suite; a liturgical work, not by a Frenchman but nevertheless Petite; and something Petite by a Holborn-born composer.....

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            ... Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
            So, Petite Suite de Concert, but doesn't fit the question! Incidentally, what is the question? So, who is the character in the musical comedy? I am all adrift, up a creek, no paddle scenario!

Comment

The first movement of the Petite Suite de Concert is called.....? and the opening movement of the Rossini.....?

Comment

I think you will find that the Rossini Mass - like most Masses - begins with a Kyrie ...

Comment

The first movement of the Petite Suite de Concert is called.....?
                  La Caprice de Nanette

Comment

....indeed, a plea for mercy. I did take care to include the word 'start' in my question.
                    Debussy's 'Petite Suite' starts off with 'En bateau' (a trip on the water), Rossini's 'Petite Masse Sollennelle' with a 'Kyrie' (plea for mercy) and Coleridge-Taylor's 'Petite Suite de Concert' with...?

Comment

....Coleridge-Taylor's 'Petite Suite de Concert' with...?
                      Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      La Caprice de Nanette

Comment

Exactement - a reference to 'No, No, Nanette'. What a splendid example of 'AA' teamwork at its best!
                        Now ...who gets to set the 'Q' (or 'R')?

Comment

Exactement - a reference to 'No, No, Nanette'. What a splendid example of 'AA' teamwork at its best!
                          Now ...who gets to set the 'Q' (or 'R')?
                          Isn't it fun when we all work together <group hug emoticon> Has to be mercia or Ferney I think who gets the honour? Ferney was the one to say Petite though ...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Ferney was the one to say Petite

Comment

Ah, but with the wrong work and only after Norf's "French" prompt (I'd spent quite some time trying to find "prosperous" works, with as much success as you'd expect). And after merc's had mentioned the Suite.

Oh, alright: give me a moment to join the Q!
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Exactement - a reference to 'No, No, Nanette'.

Returning from a shopping expedition and reading through the last pages quickly, that last one seems as unconnected as "Mornington Crescent"... I know I know, there's a musical comedy in the clue several pages back. I'd forgotten it.
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X