X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbledore is indeed a Wizard. I wonder, if he ever sets Q, could Quidditch be involved?

Comment

what was the "reversed" bit?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
        what was the "reversed" bit?
        Beethoven and Sibelius wrote "Sonatas" quasi una fantasia
        Schnittke wrote a Fantasia Quasi una Sonata.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Subby for R?
          An R to link:

(1) an unwavering conductor;

(2) an English musician hanged in Scotland;

(3) an amateur composer, huntsman and philosopher.

Comment

I certainly class him as an "amateur philosopher"

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Dumbledore is indeed a Wizard. I wonder, if he ever sets Q, could Quidditch be involved?
              If you check back you will find that I have set several recent Q questions, none involving Quidditch.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                I certainly class him as an "amateur philosopher"
                Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                  If you check back you will find that I have set several recent Q questions, none involving Quidditch.
                  That's you told, Anna, with your light-hearted, whimsical questions....!!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    That's you told, Anna, with your light-hearted, whimsical questions....!!
                    - your face was last seen behind the scullery door Anna - he's a one when he's roused that scb!

Comment

Care to elaborate?
                      o, it was just a cheap jibe at a contemporary philosopher whom I very much dislike - altho' I respect his following of various Burkeian precepts...

Your conductor, on the other hand, I have great respect for...

Haven't a clue as to the composer - I presume some medieval or renaissance bod who made the wrong religious or kingly choices...

Comment

Picking up vinty's clues, do we have a trio of Rogers?
                        With a Scruton as the "amateur Musician, huntsman" etc?
                        And Norrington the conductor? (Given his economy with vibrato?)
                        And Wright the English Musician hanged in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Picking up vinty's clues, do we have a trio of Rogers?
                          With a Scruton as the "amateur Musician, huntsman" etc?
                          And Norrington the conductor? (Given his economy with vibrato?)
                          And Wright the English Musician hanged in Scotland?

Two out of three. The English musician who was hanged was one of my usual obscurantist finds. He was William Roger, originally sent to Scotland by Edward IV, who liked the music there so much that he stayed, becoming clerk of the Chapel Royal to James III of Scotland. Hanged off Lauder Bridge in 1482 by some dissident nobles.

I think ferneyhoughgeliebte has claimed the S question.

Comment

I think ferneyhoughgeliebte has claimed the S question.

Some people here are having a much brighter day than me, rumbling the end of Sherlock and this R.

I'll have a pint of whatever you, mercia and vindetable are having!
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Sorry for the delay: busy day.

An S to connect
                              Foster accommodation for the elderly
                              A rotating Viola Concerto
                              Dylan Thomas

Comment

OMG, a Dylan Thoms question! I will be just so, so, expected to throw some light on this or be thrown to the wolves! First thought of course is Stan Tracey and Stan-nah Stair Lifts for the elderly! Second thought is Edith Sitwell! I shall now retire.

I've watched Star Gazing and been outside with me Brian Cox (the name Brian doesn't suit him, Justin would be better I think with those cheekbones and teeth) chart and compass, all in the name of scientific research and most enjoyable on a clear and cloudless night.

Edit: I had my hair restyled at lunchtime today, now I feel like an Arthur Rackham Pixie!
                                Last edited by Guest; 17-01-12, 00:37. Reason: more info, not really needed

Comment

Working...
                                X