This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
    No. It only requires two Japanese characters.
    N-Oh. Sorry Flay, and Norfy, you are on your own here, night night, I leave you to wrestle and will see the result in the morn ....... God Willing I Survive the Suspense ...........

Comment

The Tokyo mandolin orchestra: "The conductor, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, leads the orchestra with soft power. Musicians of the orchestra are extremely responsible for every note they play."
      ロシアのドムラ奏者、タマラ・ヴォルスカヤさんとは、OPはこれまでに3回共演しました。現在はアメリカ・ カナダを拠点に演奏活動を行っていますが、2010年5月、CMSA(Classical Mandolin Society of America)のニューズレターに「日本のマンドリン事情」と題した記事を書かれましたので、ここに転載 いたします。
      That's more than 2 Japanese characters!

"extremely responsible for every note they play" That was actually what it said on the website!
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        N-Oh. Sorry Flay, and Norfy, you are on your own here, night night, I leave you to wrestle and will see the result in the morn ....... God Willing I Survive the Suspense ...........
        Night night to you too, Anna. I'm giving up too x x
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
          Night night to you too, Anna. I'm giving up too x x
          But, how about the MABUMI YAMAGUCHI QUARTET!! Wake up! Erm, no, snooze off! We shall see in the morning, shall we not?

Comment

Yes, Lord have Mercia upon us. . .
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
              Yes, Lord have Mercia upon us. . .
              I can't really reply to that without compromising myself and consulting my favourite lawyer ...... But, I am now off to bed, early start, won't be seen until mid-afternoon, If You Are Lucky!

Comment

'Frankly, my dear, I've got to the stage where I no longer give a damn'

Comment

Yamada?

Comment

Yabba-Dabba-Doo?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                      Yamada?
                      Details?

Comment

Details?
                        good question - Kosaku for the composer I think, Kazuo for the conductor, but I can't find a saxophonist

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                          'Frankly, my dear, I've got to the stage where I no longer give a damn'
                          a phrase so often on my lips

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            good question - Kosaku for the composer I think, Kazuo for the conductor, but I can't find a saxophonist
                            Saxophonist is Joh Yamada (not to be confused with the Japanese American Joe Yamada).

Z/A from you, I think.

Comment

Saxophonist is Joh Yamada (not to be confused with the Japanese American Joe Yamada).

Z/A from you, I think.
                              Good man for providing that timely coup de grace, scb!

A fine performance, mercia!

Comment

not to be confused with the Japanese American Joe Yamada
                                as if I would ................ ............ the very idea

a Z

born in the home of the Metastasio theatre, studied with Alessandro and worked in the Paraguyan "Reductions"

Comment

Working...
                                X