This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    Would this be yer akshual Kreutzer Sonata?
    It would indeed, J's 1st string quartet. Well done, and most appropriate that you of all people completed this thread rubbernecker

So onwards and upwards with a K
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      It would indeed, J's 1st string quartet. Well done, and most appropriate that you of all people completed this thread rubbernecker

[B]So onwards and upwards with a K[/B]
      I didn't realize you were a top civil servant ...I'll watch my P's and Q's in future.

Comment

So onwards and upwards with a K
        It's OK, you can call me Rubberz. Or Salami Sling...

I'm not sure whose go it is. I have a K in preparation although I shortly have to go out to a dinner party where there is patchy BlackBerry coverage and will not be able to match Vinteuil's trick of 'popping out between courses' to monitor progress. So what do you want to do? Watch Birdsong, comes the inevitable reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          It's OK, you can call me Rubberz. Or Salami Sling...

I'm not sure whose go it is. I have a K in preparation although I shortly have to go out to a dinner party where there is patchy BlackBerry coverage and will not be able to match Vinteuil's trick of 'popping out between courses' to monitor progress. So what do you want to do? Watch Birdsong, comes the inevitable reply.
          Oh I think you could post it and pop out, and we can chatter amongst ourselves until you get back. Enjoy your evening. Is haggis involved?
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh I think you could post it and pop out, and we can chatter amongst ourselves until you get back. Enjoy your evening. Is haggis involved?
            I don't think so, at least we've not been asked to wear tartan. Shame really...

You may well crack this within the next half hour anyway.

What K connects works by Rossini, Menotti, Nelson, and a spiritual sounding like an exhortation to the same?

Comment

"Nelson"?
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                "Nelson"?
                Perhaps it is to do with Kissing?
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

You need to broaden out a bit from classical repertoire, perhaps...

See you all later when I expect this to have been comprehensively solved

Comment

another word for stealing .............................

(but I don't want to set a question )

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                      another word for stealing .............................

(but I don't want to set a question )
                      Ah, Roy Nelson knock-out.... http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/p...4_IMG_2229.JPG

(he's the one with the beer gut)
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh gosh, what have I been up to?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...889003,00.html
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

OK, more likely this, guv:

"There is no way of dealing with the Frenchman but to knock him down - to be civil to them is to be laughed at. Why they are enemies!" Horatio Nelson.

Am I talking to myself? Hello, is there anyone there? http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumb...sons-Ghost.jpg
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

OK, more likely this, guv:

"There is no way of dealing with the Frenchman but to knock him down - to be civil to them is to be laughed at. Why they are enemies!" Horatio Nelson.

Am I talking to myself? Hello, is there anyone there? http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumb...sons-Ghost.jpg

I'm listening, Flay...

But you were doing so well all on your own, I didn't want to interrupt!
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Thanks, Calibs, I felt so lonely.

... and a spiritual sounding like an exhortation to the same
                              Menotti's Medium might be relevant? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Medium

<< While searching, he knocks the lid of the trunk down waking Baba. Toby quickly hides in the puppet theater. As Baba tries to see where the noise came from and fetches a revolver from a drawer in the table. "Hysterically" she shouts out "Who is it? Speak or I'll Shoot!" and the puppet theater curtain moves. "Baba screams and fires at it several times." As Toby's bloody body collapses grasping the curtain, Baba says "I've killed the ghost! I've killed the ghost!" Monica, hearing the gunshots, enters, sees Toby's lifeless body and runs for help. As the final curtain falls "very slowly" Baba asks "in a hoarse whisper," "Was it you?" >>

(the grammar and punctuation is Wiki's, not mine. ""Hysterically" she shouts out "Who is it?..." and: ""very slowly" Baba asks "in a hoarse whisper," "Was it you?..." Awful! )

Too much excitement for a Sunday night. I can't cope...
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Too much excitement for a Sunday night. I can't cope...

And the rubbery question is too testing for a Sunday night, at least here. I think everyone is spent after your J. What was the answer to that, by the way?
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X