X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, with Addis Ababa, could we be looking at Abba's Greatest Hits!

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
      The African landlocked republic could be Ethiopia with Addis Ababa the capital giving us another A to play with.
      And Atlantis the island republic?
      I also though Ethiopia, because this is the only land-locked African country with an abbreviation starting with a vowel (ET), which is what Ofca seems to require, and it looks as if it has to follow the 'S' of 'PS' somehow? (I'm assuming some phrase is going to appear, rather than just musical notation.)

Comment

Maldives - another island republic.
        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

I'm losing the will to live here! Go away for a few hours, weird clues and then suddenly Woof!!! we're all done and dusted and on to the next four letters. Still trying to puzzle out 'W'...!

Comment

You're looking for four two-letter abbreviations, none of which begins with or includes an 'A', but which will give you the initials of the members of a famous musical ensemble that does begin with 'A'.

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
              You're looking for four two-letter abbreviations, none of which begins with or includes an 'A', but which will give you the initials of the members of a famous musical ensemble that does begin with 'A'.
              Now it's a race to marry up the members of the Amadeus Qt with the clues. Peter Schidlof is easy...

New Brunswick is Norbert Brainin

Senegal is SN, Siegmund Nissel

Maldives is NOT Martin Lovett, that's MV...

Hmmm...
              Last edited by Guest; 08-02-11, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
                I'm losing the will to live here! Go away for a few hours, weird clues and then suddenly Woof!!! we're all done and dusted and on to the next four letters. Still trying to puzzle out 'W'...!
                Do try to keep up!

(It is possible to scroll upwards, I've just found ...)

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                  Now it's a race to marry up the members of the Amadeus Qt with the clues. Peter Schidlof is easy...

New Brunswick is Norbert Brainin

Senegal is SN, Siegmund Nissel

Maldives is NOT Martin Lovett, that's MV...

Hmmm...
                  Malaysia (ML) has islands?

Comment

Mali?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                      Malaysia (ML) has islands?
                      Yeah, but it ain't an island and is a federal constitutional monarchy, which I don't think is the same as a republic...?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        Mali?
                        That's got to be right for the landlocked state, Senegal is on the coast but it is abbreviated to SN, so I'm v confused now...

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                          ... a federal constitutional monarchy

I love it when you get technical, rubbers
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Mali is a Republic, landlocked in West Africa. Have I got one answer right? Oh joy if I have!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              Mali?
                              Yes, Mali (ML) is one of the landlocked. So it is rubber's SN, for Senegal, which is wrong because it's not landlocked or 'islandic', and we need another SN for island republic. (I think - my brain hurts...)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                                we need another SN for island republic. (I think - my brain hurts...)
                                That is my understanding, too. And my brain hurts, too. I am calling it a night...

Comment

Working...
                                X