This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    I am more for tea and occasionally real ale am. Is this something to do with involvement in the Dresdner Orchestra's recording (possibly) of the Blue Danube and (possibly) IK involvement there? And yes Anna, you are right.
    Frenchfrank's icons don't do pots of tea

Much more straightforward than that, Lat - you've got Iannis Xenakis twice - where was he born?

Comment

Metastasis was premiered at Donaueschingen by the Danube. Born in Braila on the Danube.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        cheers Anna - I'm trying to get this cleared up sharpish
        But you're right
        Well, being in a hurry is no excuse for sloppy marking of questions! Are you off out gallivanting again? I've finished kitchen duties, local wild venison casserole now simmering very gently ........ and I'll listen to Saturday Classics on British music and relax

Comment

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
          Metastasis was premiered at Donaueschingen by the Danube. Born in Braila on the Danube.
          Bingo Lat!

Over to you for the J

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Well, being in a hurry is no excuse for sloppy marking of questions! Are you off out gallivanting again? I've finished kitchen duties, local wild venison casserole now simmering very gently ........ and I'll listen to Saturday Classics on British music and relax
            Eggjelly I had a poor night & I'm gagging for a snoozle, Anna - but Lat has been & gorn & solved it, so I can retire now - YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Eggjelly I had a poor night & I'm gagging for a snoozle, Anna
              Poor you! Ackshully I've been up since 6am, feel like I could join you ..... but it'll be R3 and the paper and then the crossword. (Very quiet here today, Lat may not get any punters until a bit later on)
              Last edited by Guest; 28-01-12, 16:07.

Comment

This should be easy. The following are connected not by one J but two:

- The first, a violinist, made his debut as a conductor during the last decade in Vienna

- The second, a percussionist, was once musical director of the Lindsay Kemp Dance Company

- The third, a composer, once recorded a testament to a man born close to the Danube

Comment

The second is Joji Hirota: http://www.anthonyphillips.co.uk/associates/joji.htm
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The first must be Joji Hattori: http://www.jojihattori.com/index.php/en/bio
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And the third must hark back to the previous question I think? Could it be Joji Yuasa Chronoplastic III - Between Stasis and Kinesis - In memory of Iannis Xenakis? There again, it may not be

Comment

Yes, all correct. Any excuse to mention this cd which I love -

Launched in 1989 by Peter Gabriel, Real World Records is a label of wide-ranging, world-class music from all corners of the globe.

Flay and Anna - the first of you to get the second (obvious) J can have K. That seems the fairest.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          And the third must hark back to the previous question I think? Could it be Joji Yuasa Chronoplastic III - Between Stasis and Kinesis - In memory of Iannis Xenakis? There again, it may not be
                          You beat me to it with the Yuasa, Anna. But I could not find the link. And I cannot see why Lats says there are two Js
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            But I could not find the link. And I cannot see why Lats says there are two Js
                            Because, it is Joji = two j's. But, hold fast, Lat says we do not have the second one! I thought you got that? Or is Lat speaking in tongues (or riddles?)

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Maybe it is more tenuous that I thought. All Japanese. Joji is the main one. Flay - Thank you for all the disc references. Much appreciated. I don't know who to say should have K. You I think for getting the main parts of it first.

Comment

Working...
                                X