This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    I think this could be Tickell? Tickell organ introduced recently to Worcester Cathedral. Kathryn Tickell and others have given performances of virginals.

If not, Three Kings.
    Try a more famous composer/performer on virginals.

Comment

Talbot.

Comment

Talbot.
        The T is the link, not the name of any of the people.

Comment

Taverner - my final answer.

Comment

Taverner - my final answer.
            Right period. What is the most famous collection of virginal music of that time?

Comment

Elizabeth Rogers - how about Tillett?

Comment

Elizabeth Rogers - how about Tillett?
                The relevant collection is earlier and larger. The T is NOT the name of a person.

Comment

William Byrd leading to Thomas Tallis. (Rogers is the only one that states the word "virginals" in the title)

Tallis played the organ in a monastery. Byrd was his pupil. That's the monk and the virginals.

Comment

William Byrd leading to Thomas Tallis. (Rogers is the only one that states the word "virginals" in the title)

Tallis played the organ in a monastery. Byrd was his pupil. That's the monk and the virginals.
                    The monk was a bishop.

Try the other cathedral organist, also a knight, who served at St Paul's.

Comment

....I feel that this is the Tallis Fantasia at the Three Choirs Festival. I think two organists may have set Tallis in different forms.
                      That's as close as I can get. Mainly supposition.

Comment

....I feel that this is the Tallis Fantasia at the Three Choirs Festival. I think two organists may have set Tallis in different forms.
                        That's as close as I can get. Mainly supposition.
                        Unfortunately not even warm.

Comment

And I did so well on Saturday. Three right answers. If I write 500 random words beginning with a T, would you be prepared to see if one is the right answer?

Comment

Further hint - a long serving twentieth century organist at St Paul's.

Comment

Many apologies for my enforced absence - we've had a rather traumatic few hours here!
                              While I was trying to find an obliging plumber to deal with an overflow, the lady wife returned home in some distress having had her purse stolen. Having now found a plumber and just been informed that the card has been handed in at the local police station (cards present, though we'd cancelled them, but no cash of course), I can confirm that scb is correct in all particulars.
                              David Clayton-Thomas of Earth WInd and Fire: Spinning Wheel
                              John Francis Waller: The Spinning Wheel
                              Sibelius: Mélisande at the Spinning Wheel
                              Schubert: Gretchen am Spinnrade

Comment

Is this Tenebrae?

Comment

Working...
                                X