X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
    Sorry, no.
    Barrington Levy's hit Here I Come has been sampled by pop group the Black Eyed Peas. Just thought I would show some streetcred here you'all.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Mmmm..I wonder if it's a bit too cryptic? The levy or should I say levee is a good line of enquiry...especially a well-known city associated with these about 5 years ago and then a dance band that had some success here...that would give you one example of I. 'All jazzed up' would give you the second example of I. And if I gave any more hints then I think the word would jump out at you.

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

... dash it, and there was I thinkin' it might be the Inkspots...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... dash it, and there was I thinkin' it might be the Inkspots...
          ..or the Impalas (with the Chevy connection)

How about Iguanas?

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

LOL.... but no.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Damn... I thought I had New Orleans and the blind eye...

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

New orleans is the city I had in mind and I'm looking for a dance band.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
                  New orleans is the city I had in mind and I'm looking for a dance band.
                  ...and I'm now looking for the Ibuprofen. I just can't get this. Never mind. I've learnt a lot of useful things for the next pub quiz, for instance I never knew Elgar had a Creole Orchestra, or that Richard Wagner sang with The Impalas

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Same here - still inklingless. Setting 'J' could be fun for somebody!

Comment

• Anna

I just had another look at this. Best I can come up with is Irvin Mayfield and Irma Thomas. Don't know another I that could fit.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

OK....first instance is a record label, second instance is a Mass and the last is the dance band already mentioned. You're all going to crown me when this is all over

Comment

• Anna

Which is the dance band already mentioned? Sorry, but I'm giving up on this, it's too late in the evening. I'll see the answer in the morning (hopefully)

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

In 1437, Anna. I have also given another massive clue (hidden) in one of the posts above.

Comment

• rubbernecker

I thought the morning and sleep would bring fresh inspiration, so I looked around my den but the only thing that jumped out at me was my John Coltrane collection on Impulse! records. But I can't see how that fits, unless the Mass is something to do with physics - but turning a blind eye doesn't fit either??

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I'm afraid that this is one of those cases where my confusion increases with the number of clues. Thankfully, I have last night's Corrie to look forward to on my PVR, and two more episodes tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X