X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
    Sorry, no.
    Barrington Levy's hit Here I Come has been sampled by pop group the Black Eyed Peas. Just thought I would show some streetcred here you'all.

Comment

Mmmm..I wonder if it's a bit too cryptic? The levy or should I say levee is a good line of enquiry...especially a well-known city associated with these about 5 years ago and then a dance band that had some success here...that would give you one example of I. 'All jazzed up' would give you the second example of I. And if I gave any more hints then I think the word would jump out at you.

Comment

... dash it, and there was I thinkin' it might be the Inkspots...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          ... dash it, and there was I thinkin' it might be the Inkspots...
          ..or the Impalas (with the Chevy connection)

How about Iguanas?

Comment

LOL.... but no.

Comment

Damn... I thought I had New Orleans and the blind eye...

Comment

New orleans is the city I had in mind and I'm looking for a dance band.

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
                  New orleans is the city I had in mind and I'm looking for a dance band.
                  ...and I'm now looking for the Ibuprofen. I just can't get this. Never mind. I've learnt a lot of useful things for the next pub quiz, for instance I never knew Elgar had a Creole Orchestra, or that Richard Wagner sang with The Impalas

Comment

Same here - still inklingless. Setting 'J' could be fun for somebody!

Comment

I just had another look at this. Best I can come up with is Irvin Mayfield and Irma Thomas. Don't know another I that could fit.

Comment

OK....first instance is a record label, second instance is a Mass and the last is the dance band already mentioned. You're all going to crown me when this is all over

Comment

Which is the dance band already mentioned? Sorry, but I'm giving up on this, it's too late in the evening. I'll see the answer in the morning (hopefully)

Comment

In 1437, Anna. I have also given another massive clue (hidden) in one of the posts above.

Comment

I thought the morning and sleep would bring fresh inspiration, so I looked around my den but the only thing that jumped out at me was my John Coltrane collection on Impulse! records. But I can't see how that fits, unless the Mass is something to do with physics - but turning a blind eye doesn't fit either??

Comment

I'm afraid that this is one of those cases where my confusion increases with the number of clues. Thankfully, I have last night's Corrie to look forward to on my PVR, and two more episodes tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X