This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Yes Tapiola, quite fond of Syd and a big fan of Pink Floyd, although I'm afraid they don't get much of an outing these days, must rectify this at the weekend.
    Well if that is the case, then the are on me.

I bought Piper again last week in the stereo/mono double disc. Ahh the memories...

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
      poor Syd is a favourite of mine. What a mind the man had!
      There's a wonderful anecdote in Nick Mason's Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd. At a time when Syd's behaviour was becoming increasingly erratic, the band are in their van on their way to a gig but need to collect Syd from his home. "Shall we pick up Syd?" one asks. "Nah, f**k it," they decide.

Comment

Poor old Syd

Is the answer Knight?

Knight Bachelors Chapel, St Paul's;
        Knight (nobility)
        Knights Templar, based in Jerusalem
        Adam de la Halle's "Jeu de Robin et Marion" (Robin is a knight)

Comment

I'm afraid Knight is not the answer.
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
            There's a wonderful anecdote in Nick Mason's Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd. At a time when Syd's behaviour was becoming increasingly erratic, the band are in their van on their way to a gig but need to collect Syd from his home. "Shall we pick up Syd?" one asks. "Nah, f**k it," they decide.
            I was shocked to learn that my 21 year old nephew had never heard Dark Side! What do they teach them these days?

Comment

Originally posted by hercule
              only 50 minutes gone and already I want a clue:-

is this any old cathedral or one in particular?
              It's one in particular.
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
                I was shocked to learn that my 21 year old nephew had never heard Dark Side! What do they teach them these days?
                No offence to your nephew, BTS, but that is an outrage! Part of their heritage!

Comment

Fourth movement of Schumann's Rhenish Symphony was inspired by Koln Cathedral - Any good?

Comment

Would it be Koln Cathedral and Franco of Koln a connection? Whoops! Cross posted with Don
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-02-11, 17:38. Reason: cross posting

Comment

Koeln Cathedral is correct, Franco of Koln not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                        Koeln Cathedral is correct, Franco of Koln not.
                        Surely not Old King Koln?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                          Surely not Old King Koln?
                          No.

Comment

Koln is twinned with Bethlehem. Is that the Palestinian Christian link?

Comment

Being a republican atheistic modernist, I think I’ll have to sit the rest of this one out.

Comment

Koln had (has?) relics of The Three Kings. Is that the Nobility link?

Comment

Working...
                                X