This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Koln had (has?) relics of The Three Kings. Is that the Nobility link?
    No, afraid not.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
      Koln is twinned with Bethlehem. Is that the Palestinian Christian link?
      Sorry btS - didn't see it in time. Yes, that is the link although I had no idea they were twinned. The things one learns here!
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Sorry, I'll be off for about an hour. See you later.

Comment

Kapelle? Kapellemeister?

Comment

Originally posted by hercule
            not sure what's left to get in this question
            It seems an answer is needed for Nobility and a composition from the late mediaevel period. I'm off for a while now as well. Happy hunting!

Comment

But is it one K or four separate K's? Bit confused

Comment

Anna: Nobility - "denotes minor German nobility"
                Composition: an example of the devotio moderna movement (late mediaeval) .

BTS: It's not Kapellmeister. Only the answer and the first clue have the "K". Sorry if it's all a bit confusing but it's my first go at this kind of quizz.

Comment

Reading all about Prince-Electors and Kurfurst but still none the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by BetweenTheStaves View Post
                    Reading all about Prince-Electors and Kurfurst but still none the wiser.
                    They would be very much more than "minor" nobility! Go right down the pecking order.

Anna may (or may not) have mentioned a member of that class of nobility in one of her posts.

Comment

Originally posted by hercule
                      . . . (c. 1418) . . .
                      The composition in question was probably composed about 100 years later.

Comment

I lost the plot a while back, but I did come across this:

Looks most intriguing, but sadly it seems to have been deleted. Anyone heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                          I should have said: May denote minor German nobility.

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                            Composition: an example of the devotio moderna movement (late mediaeval) .
                            Well, fancy that, The Song Book of Anna von Köln is a collection of devotional songs in Latin and the vernacular (indeed, in several medieval dialects) was compiled about 1500 in Cologne, an example of devotio moderna. As you say, the things you learn! Whoops! Cross posted yet again!
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-02-11, 19:58. Reason: cross posting

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                              I lost the plot a while back, but I did come across this:

Looks most intriguing, but sadly it seems to have been deleted. Anyone heard it?
                              rubbernecker: Congratulations! Anna von Koeln was the answer I was looking for.

Koeln (Cologne cathedral)
                              von - denoting minor German nobility
                              Bethlehem - A. von K's composition: Puer Natus in Bethlehem
                              The Song Book of A. von K. an example of the devotio moderna movement (late mediaeval) .

Anna von Koeln (ca. 1480 - 1530)

Edit: Sorry, didn't see yours, Anna, before I posted. Not sure now who is the winner/ H E L P !!

Comment

Huh? That was the answer...? (Stumbles blindly...)

I didn't even realise...

I think the honour should go to our own Anna von Newbridge

BTW is that disc any good???

Comment

Working...
                                X