This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    Huh? That was the answer...? (Stumbles blindly...)

I didn't even realise...

I think the honour should go to our own Anna von Newbridge
    Yes, I think I agree. Anna, let's have an "L". And thanks to everybody. Sorry it was perhaps too confusing.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Pianorak, I was just a little bit too late, and I was hoping not to win (having set 3 in two days) so thankfully rubbernecker gets the L I think.

Good puzzle though

Comment

Cross posting again! A really annoying feature of this MB is that, unlike others, it doesn't warn you someone else has posted before. And I only got two clues right, and Don Petter got Koln right as well, but had to retire as an atheist and other post reformation stuff. And not so much of the Anna Von Newbridge if you please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          . . . Don Petter got Koln right as well, but had to retire as an atheist. . .
          That's rather funny since DP couldn't possibly be more of an atheist than I am.
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

And not so much of the Anna Von Newbridge if you please!!
            There's nowt wrong with Newbridge, it's where my dear wife was born and grew up. Fancy that!

I will do L, just give me a little time

Comment

There's nowt wrong with Newbridge, it's where my dear wife was born and grew up. Fancy that!

I will do L, just give me a little time
              O thanks for that, I was just hastily putting an L together, just in case. Try that K puzzle at your next pub quiz!

Comment

This thread has been a veritable hothouse over the last two days. Catching up after returning from foreign parts...

Now I am seriously interested... I can't tempt you over to Crickhowell one Monday night?
                Gosh, that's the best chat up line I've heard for a while! But could I invite you instead to Mynyddislwyn?
                The phrase "get a room!" springs to mind....

I am still confused about the appearance of Anna von Köln... Oh no, I'm not - I see she was just the 4th element of "K" and Köln was the overall solution..
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

A really annoying feature of this MB is that, unlike others, it doesn't warn you someone else has posted before
                  Anna: I always click on 'New Posts' as a matter of course. That seems to update the thread to include any potentially missed messages.
                  Caliban: Welcome back (did you have anything to do with Mubarak's change of heart, by any chance?) The Peter/Nick storyline is hotting up nicely.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-02-11, 21:30.

Comment

OFCACHAP - Two minutes to go to Corrie!

Comment

Ok, hopefully this is straightforward :

What L connects William B with Alice T and Maggie T ?

I'll check back in an hour

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                        OFCACHAP - Two minutes to go to Corrie!
                        I'm rercording the 20.30 episode. It only lasts 22 minutes if you fast forward through the ads.

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                          Anna: I always click on 'New Posts' as a matter of course. That seems to update the thread to include any potentially missed messages.
                          No, I mean when replying other MBs say 'warning, someone else has posted before you, you may like to revise your posting' when you press the Post button.

Frenchie says there is no facility on this MB to do the same.

What is it with you guys and Corrie? Shall I switch over from QI?

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                            That's rather funny since DP couldn't possibly be more of an atheist than I am.
                            Not really! I just posted that to get me out of any further constructive thought. I have no such affiliations, being a very non-political non-religious animal.

Comment

Am I the only non-atheist on this thread?

Progressively more and more baffled over the last couple of days...

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                                Am I the only non-atheist on this thread?

Progressively more and more baffled over the last couple of days...
                                No, not at all Tapiola, there are plenty of us non-atheists around who like nothing but a healthy dose of the Nicene Creed, sanctus bells and plenty of smells. But, if you are an athiest I don't think it precludes you enjoying Church Music because, surely, that is what classical music was/is based on? Otherwise, why should composers still write a Mass?

I also get baffled. You are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X