X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Come on! Down 'ere! Under the rock!
    Oh, You Temptress!
    Seriously, is this to do with an instrument? Sort of, archaic?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Seriously, is this to do with an instrument? Sort of, archaic?
      Yeah, like... old, you know, innit

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
        Yeah, like... old, you know, innit
        Indeed, but Norfy and Flay know it, I am not so forward to say anything and grasp their combined Rs. and grab the glory

Comment

Cheeky boy...

Apologies for the delay, which was entirely and unavoidably work-related.

What R connects:
          - a singer from Wagner's village;
          - an anachronism from the piano man's first band;
          - a composer disguised as Mr. Trent?
          Wasn't Nyman in Portsmouth Sinfonia? The only Mr Trent, sort of, I can think of is Tony Hatch - norra lotta Rs there!

Actually I only put this out so i don't have to keep scrolling back for the clues!

Comment

Mr N's first band featured a rebec.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Indeed, but Norfy and Flay know it, I am not so forward to say anything and grasp their combined Rs. and grab the glory
              I'm not sure they do... Although like all good trufflers they are on the scent and bound to unearth something soon.

I'm surprised you have given up on Wagner's village. It's really much closer to home than you think

Comment

Rebecca Schwartz is a singing teacher from Wagner's village of Pensnett, nr Dudley.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                  Mr N's first band featured a rebec.
                  What did I tell you? Bang on cue!

Now, come on. Why Wagner, not Wagner?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    Rebecca Schwartz is a singing teacher from Wagner's village of Pensnett, nr Dudley.
                    Close, but not what's on the card

Comment

The first performance of Rebecca Clarke's Mobius attributed the work to "Anthony Trent" (and got more applause than her other works in the concert under her real name!)

Comment

Close, but not what's on the card
                        Have I got the " correct" Wagner (and this is the only context that this sentence could possibly be answered in the affirmative!)?

Comment

The first performance of Rebecca Clarke's Mobius attributed the work to "Anthony Trent" (and got more applause than her other works in the concert under her real name!)
                          Yes, Ferney! Although I think Flay was there sometime ago...

Comment

Yes, Ferney! Although I think Flay was there sometime ago...
                            Ooops! Missed that! (I've only just got in!)

Comment

Have I got the " correct" Wagner (and this is the only context that this sentence could possibly be answered in the affirmative!)?
                              Not sure I get that... We're definitely talking about Richard Wagner as portrayed in Wagner, ok?

Comment

I'm not sure they do... Although like all good trufflers they are on the scent and bound to unearth something soon.

I'm surprised you have given up on Wagner's village. It's really much closer to home than you think
                                I do know that Rebecca Clarke wrote Morpheus for viola and piano, and as Wiki says: "She... signed the autograph score with the pen-name 'Anthony Trent'... While the media had light praise for compositions bearing Clarke's name, it greatly applauded the work of the nonexistent 'Mr. Trent.' This only strengthened her belief that it was neither the time nor the place for female composers."

But I haven't had a go at the rest. That's for you, Anna!
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X