This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    Would that follow a pregnant pause? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ic-fermata.png
    A femata is also called a Birdseye. Not a lot of people know that.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
      John Paul, sorry, and it is 3 discs http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacques-Duph...1&sr=1-1-fkmr2
      What a very handsome addition that would be to any collection.

The music is really wonderful.

I'm having a very 'early music' weekend - I was also given Stile Antico's recording of Sheppard http://www.stileantico.co.uk/MediaVita.php Also absolutely glorious!!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        It seems there is an I Love Lucy eposide which is entitled Lucy is Enciente Just thought I would mention it to show I was paying attention.
        So you are, Anna. And we all love Lucy. But it was not what I was after.
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

It's certainly a point of view.

Comment

Yes, you no doubt remember my setting F for Fermata early on in this thread's existence with a cryptic reference to fish fingers. Ah, heady days...

Comment

So you are, Anna. And we all love Lucy. But it was not what I was after.
              I know, I know ..... I think I may (being still stuffed full of roast pork, my wonderful crackling which you would die for, pak choi, leeks and potatoes oh, and apple and apricot stuffing) watch Upstairs Downstairs and leave you all to your puzzles...

Comment

I know, I know ..... I think I may (being still stuffed full of roast pork, my wonderful crackling which you would die for, pak choi, leeks and potatoes oh, and apple and apricot stuffing) watch Upstairs Downstairs and leave you all to your puzzles...
                Sounds wonderful. Are you fattening up for Lent?
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Sounds wonderful. Are you fattening up for Lent?
                  Yes, 40 days of abstitence ......... then I pig out on Easter Eggs! As I recall, I solved rubber's fish finger puzzle, as you say, heady days!

Comment

No not yet. Expectation.....?

Are we going to solve this so we can Finally get on? Shall I put it another way? " .... expectation" (I've already used the word - and it is not what I would associate with atonal music)
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Yes, 40 days of abstitence .........
                      I just cut down on food!
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        I just cut down on food!
                        I shall no doubt turn into a Vegan, or a Vulcan with a Lute! No idea about Flay's puzzle, can someone put him out of his misery?

Comment

Are we going to solve this so we can Finally get on? Shall I put it another way? " .... expectation" (I've already used the word - and it is not what I would associate with atonal music)
                          I can't get anywhere with it, Dr F! It may have something to do with trying to watch Top Gear at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            I can't get anywhere with it, Dr F! It may have something to do with trying to watch Top Gear at the same time
                            Yes, may I put you out of my misery.

The third E can be melodic inevitability, in theory. = Melodic Expectation (hence the comment about the Schoenberg)

<<In music cognition, melodic expectation is the tendency for a person listening to a melody to have a feeling or expectation for what might come next in the melody.>>

Shave and a Haircut - two bits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shave_and_a_Haircut (we used to say "do have a banana - with me!)
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Yes, may I put you out of my misery.

The third E can be melodic inevitability, in theory. = Melodic Expectation (hence the comment about the Schoenberg)

<<In music cognition, melodic expectation is the tendency for a person listening to a melody to have a feeling or expectation for what might come next in the melody.>>

Shave and a Haircut - two bits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shave_and_a_Haircut (we used to say "do have a banana - with me!)
                              So Ferney got it right in #14538....

Comment

we used to say "do have a banana - with me!
                                Yes, we have no bananas! Say Goonight Flay

Comment

Working...
                                X