This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Before we go racing on, could the question posed by mercia and I about Cuellar be answered please?
    I have just done so, Anna

Thank you for your interest

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Cuellar was another part of Snr Ponce's name, innit
      Oh, I know that! I just like everything tidy, you know - please leave this thread in the condition that you would wish to find it. Enjoy your evening at NFT Ammy, what you seeing?
      Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
      Work is pressing and I have an early dinner engagement
      Supposedly excellent, could you report back? Personally I'd go for the Rice and Flesh as a starter, sounds rather yummy, possibly followed by the Spiced Pigeon ....

Comment

Oh, I know that! I just like everything tidy, you know - please leave this thread in the condition that you would wish to find it. Enjoy your evening at NFT Ammy, what you seeing?
        It's a celebration of the old BBC regional programme Nationwide & I'm going with a friend who was part of the team.

Comment

Supposedly excellent, could you report back? Personally I'd go for the Rice and Flesh as a starter, sounds rather yummy, possibly followed by the Spiced Pigeon ....
          I have been dreaming of marrowbone with snails for some days now, but I haven't decided on the main yet.

Would you, Ferney or Mercia like to do the O? (I shan't ask Caliban since all he can do is Snipe and Carp, and not as well as Heston...)

Comment

Would you, Ferney or Mercia like to do the O? (I shan't ask Caliban since all he can do is Snipe and Carp, and not as well as Heston...)
            Oh rubbers, you and Caliban are such a wonderful double act, it's rather as if you are the favourite uncle, gently teasing the young scamp ......... teaching him the ways of the world, guiding him through life
            Edit: Perhaps mercia, as I think he did crack it. I'm offline shortly until possibly tomorrow. Although, a lot of AAers seem to have fallen of the waggon ..... Are the puzzles getting more obscure (certainly I think I am dimmer than last year and have less time)
            Last edited by Guest; 22-02-12, 18:40.

Comment

I have an early dinner engagement
              Once a Manuel Ponce, always a Manuel Ponce...

(That reservation's been a long time in the works, eh Wubbers? )
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Oh rubbers, you and Caliban are such a wonderful double act, it's rather as if you are the favourite uncle, gently teasing the young scamp

Comment

all he can do is Snipe and Carp, and not as well as Heston
                  Ooh I say rubbernuts, that was an awfully good one!

Comment

I have an early dinner engagement

... if I were to choose a pauillac costing £1,450 I would at least expect them to spell pauillac correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                      ... if I were to choose a pauillac costing £1,450 I would at least expect them to spell pauillac correctly.
                      Impossible to argue with that, vindepooliac!

Comment

Although, a lot of AAers seem to have fallen of the waggon ..... Are the puzzles getting more obscure (certainly I think I am dimmer than last year and have less time)
                        Indeed. I'm pooped out after the weekend's shenanigans, and work has been frantic

I'm almost afraid to attempt an answer for fear of getting it right and being obliged to set a conundrum at the moment. Let's hope work settles soon. Goodnight x.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh rubbers, you and Caliban are such a wonderful double act, it's rather as if you are the favourite uncle, gently teasing the young scamp ......... teaching him the ways of the world, guiding him through life
                          Edit: Perhaps mercia, as I think he did crack it. I'm offline shortly until possibly tomorrow. Although, a lot of AAers seem to have fallen of the waggon ..... Are the puzzles getting more obscure (certainly I think I am dimmer than last year and have less time)
                          I've only been dabbling in AA a couple of weeks and I think they've got more obscure during that time. I like a challenge but the setters seem to be straing in alien timewarps!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            I've only been dabbling in AA a couple of weeks and I think they've got more obscure during that time. I like a challenge but the setters seem to be straing in alien timewarps!
                            It's good to have you here, cloughie. Perhaps we are trying too hard now, which could be scaring off potential contributors. I must say that my ambition is to dream up a single-word clue. :sigh: Back to bed....
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

an O to connect

an early assistant organist at Southwark, a president of The Madrigal Society and Roland's song
                              Last edited by mercia; 23-02-12, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                                an O to connect

an early assistant organist at Southwark, a president of The Madrigal Society and Roland's song
                                Nellie? Butties? (can't stop myself)
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X