X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Don't you Oi!! me. You know full well why the Welsh want the Irish to win, it's because we are Celts, in harmony, loving each other, nothing to do with the Grand Slam obviously. It's only a game, it's the taking part, not the winning that counts ..........
    ... but Anna - the French - well, the Gauls (same etymology as Wales, I think) are celts too, really - yes, they were invaded by italic (the romans) and later by germanic (the franks) peoples, but at bottom, they're basically keltic
    Last edited by vinteuil; 03-03-12, 19:48. Reason: etymology

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
      Vinteuil - I'm sorry. That is not the right answer.
      ... that's a relief!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Whatever happens in the Rugby tomorrow, we shall at least get to hear the best anthems (sorry, Anna!) before the kick-off.

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

Gosh <splutter> I feel like I am at the end of the earth, Monsieur Vinplonk <choke> <cough>
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Flay View Post
            Gosh <splutter> I feel like I am at the end of the earth <choke> <cough>
            Yes, that sounds promising. And?

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

Yes, that sounds promising. And?
              Oh go on, it's Finisterre <cough>
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Oh go on, it's Finisterre <cough>
                It is Finisterre. Can you say more?

(Flay - I've got an old bottle of Famel if it would be helpful - the replacements are not as good)

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

.. ah, clever! Finisterre was of course replaced by Fitzroy....

Comment

• Flay
                    • Mar 2007

http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/pushingback/ (picture top right)
                    Discover consciously built outerwear, hardy knits and year-round adventure essentials, born from a love of the sea. B Corp Certified.

Can't work out the others but it'll all be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finisterre
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                      .. ah, clever! Finisterre was of course replaced by Fitzroy....
                      Yes, and Fitzroy is a suburb of Melbourne. The other two?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/pushingback/ (picture top right)
                        Discover consciously built outerwear, hardy knits and year-round adventure essentials, born from a love of the sea. B Corp Certified.

Can't work out the others but it'll all be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finisterre
                        .......Yes, that's fine. You've got the Finisterre Range campaign in Papua New Guinea and the clothing company.

The song Finisterre was recorded by June Tabor and featured on her 2011 cd "Ashore". Her other cds include Airs and Graces (1976), Ashes and Diamonds (1977), A Cut Above (1980), Abyssinians (1983), Aqaba (1988), Angel Tiger (1992), Against the Streams (1994), Aleyn (1997), A Quiet Eye (1999), An Echo of Hooves (2003), At the Wood's Heart (2005) and Apples (2007).

(I love it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFpx0i1M-c)

- Flay I think G is yours but thanks to vinteuil too!

Comment

• Flay
                          • Mar 2007

.......Yes, that's fine. You've got the Finisterre Range campaign in Papua New Guinea and the clothing company.

The song Finisterre was recorded by June Tabor and featured on her 2011 cd "Ashore". Her other cds include Airs and Graces (1976), Ashes and Diamonds (1977), A Cut Above (1980), Abyssinians (1983), Aqaba (1988), Angel Tiger (1992), Against the Streams (1994), Aleyn (1997), A Quiet Eye (1999), An Echo of Hooves (2003), At the Wood's Heart (2005) and Apples (2007).
                          Thanks for finishing it. You should have saved that one for an A!
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
                            • Mar 2007

A quick G as we are going out and Mrs Flay has rumbled me!

One crossed The Channel, the other the Med, and a Stewart sang about others

<wheeze>
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Ok. This should be fun. Flay was hoping there would be a quick response. As there hasn't been, I have the answer. There is now a new rule. When you have one part of the answer right, I will confirm it. On the other two parts, you'll have to explain it to me.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

......so if anyone wants to suggest a Stewart? That would probably be a good starting point!

Comment

Working...
                                X