X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is ...I haffner got enough time to set an 'I' before I go out....
    So, if somebody else would like to set the next question, please go ahead*. Otherwise I'll think of an 'I' during the afternoon. (*assuming, of course, that I haffner got the wrong end of the stick).

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
      (*assuming, of course, that I haffner got the wrong end of the stick).
      No, you haffner

Take your time, I think. I must suit and boot and go...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

OK, thanks. If anybody else would like to set an 'I' in my absence, please go ahead! Otherwise, I'll endeavour to oblige around about teatime.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          And it's really extraordinary if you were sitting it out before and have come up with the same trio as rub-a-dub-dub completely independently! You must be on a very refined set of wavelengths, the two of you!
          Aha! Rubbers also recycled that Grace from when he first posted it in March 2011, Page 62, #2453. That's when I must have absorbed it, when I was young and innocent and new to this game!
          And, Edit: Mercia solved the original. Oh, the Shame, Oh, the Horror. I am undone.
          Last edited by Guest; 17-05-12, 17:00.

Comment

I've managed to devise an 'I' before I head out...
            Which 'I' links a coronation, daily news of strife and Anakin Skywalker?
            (Back around 1645!)

Comment

(Back around 1645!)
              Shame, i'm not strong on early music.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Shame, i'm not strong on early music.
                Very good, I had to think about that as well!
                I can see an easy link between the first and the third, but nothing for the second, unless 'strife' is code for the 'wife' ?? However, I have learnt something new in that Daft Ada is really Anakin! (Edit: And I thought Anakins was Cali's pet name for me ......... I realise he now thinks of me as Daft Ada .............
                Last edited by Guest; 17-05-12, 17:02.

Comment

Would it help if I revised the second clue to read 'News from the fronts read by a man in a dinner jacket'?

Comment

Would it help if I revised the second clue to read 'News from the fronts read by a man in a dinner jacket'?
                    No, the whole I is a blank to me, other than its someting to do with Star Wars which I know less about than Early Music. I look forward to some smart-ass revealing all.

I K250 clue.

Comment

Only the third clue relates to Star Wars. All three pieces involved were composed within the last 100 years.

Comment

Only the third clue relates to Star Wars. All three pieces involved were composed within the last 100 years.
                        Imperial

Comment

I was looking at Anakin Skywalker as being Hayden Christensen so was looking at Haydn. Thinks: save that for another clue...
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Well, dunno, if this refers to The Third Programme, I never heard it. Wish I had. Only chap in DJ re that was, Alvar Liddel? aka Harry Enfield? Cloughie's cryptic K250 only refers to previous answer doesn't it? How is this relevent? Help, please! There must be someone out there..........

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Imperial
                              Oh, I got that! Crown Imperial and Imperial March. It's the bloke in the DJ that baffles me!

Comment

Perhaps cloughie can explain (failing which, I'm happy to wrap this one up and ask him to set the next question).

Comment

Working...
                                X