X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercia View Post
    I guess we shouldn't dissect the question too much
    Mercia, as always, the Beacon of Common Sense. Bless Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
      Thanks Caliban! I looked on line as well, but your Googling must have been more effective than mine.

[Not sure who Norfolk is referring to in #20547, but he seems to be predicting the future?]
      If only.....(I've been scuttling between AA and the occasionally far from edifying Petroc T thread, where our 'Hosts' have stirred up something of a hornets' nest).

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Let it drop shall we? It ran at York today.
        This seems a familiar request today. They're all getting themselves in a right old paddy in a certain other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          You is joking me! I got nothing right (I even bet on the wrong horse!!) No, Ammy cracked it.
          I think that's laying it on a bit strong - dear Norfs provided the post codes & I merely looked 'em up There was virtually no intellectual input from me at all

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            ok Are we awaiting M. L'Amateur's I....?
            Dunno, I honestly think, once I have cooked this trout, I am off with Eurovision and praying that Spain will win! No, that's an awful thing to say innit? OK, the winner will be outside the Eurozone ....... and is ............. ?? OMG, Humperdinck, after the expense of the Olympics, does he want to totally bankrupt Britain? Edit: Will no-one watch Eurovision with Graham Norton and I? It's good for a laugh, surely, Shirley?
            Last edited by Guest; 26-05-12, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              I think that's laying it on a bit strong - dear Norfs provided the post codes & I merely looked 'em up There was virtually no intellectual input from me at all
              There was actually none from me - so you win there!

I shall be off out soon, but a nice gentle summer evening I would be welcome I should think
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

There was actually none from me [intellectual input]
                So, nothing has changed then? Edit: Off now, until a lot later
                Last edited by Guest; 26-05-12, 19:48. Reason: trying to say I dunno

Comment

These clues are the nearest I’ll ever get to cryptic

Three identical Is …

One’s life was in part devoted to the work of a famous musical astronomer apparently in W6

Two sounds like a barrel … of notes?

Three sounds like a pile … and makes musical use of handy gestures, apparently.

Simples

Comment

So, nothing has changed then?
                    Absolutely nothing!!

Are you going to get all Scandinavian with Sebastian Bergman this evening? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jg0nt

Comment

Absolutely nothing!!
                      Are you going to get all Scandinavian with Sebastian Bergman this evening?
                      No.

Comment

No.
                        Nor I neither. I shall take a look at some point on the iPlayer.

In relation to I... W6 is Hammersmith... one always thinks Holst... Imogen?

PS Just switching between the England game - nice goal from Ashley Young - and Eurovision: Englebert's on first I gather! (He's on now. It's awful ! )

I have the vague impression that the two presenters are "Fembots" from Austin Powers, and that if they stumble on their lines, they will drop through the stage into a shark tank... (I'm sure Azerbaijan is lovely, really).

Comment

Nor I neither. I shall take a look at some point on the iPlayer.

In relation to I... W6 is Hammersmith... one always thinks Holst... Imogen?

Spot on, Caliber - care to unravel the others?

Comment

Dunno, I honestly think, once I have cooked this trout, I am off with Eurovision and praying that Spain will win! No, that's an awful thing to say innit? OK, the winner will be outside the Eurozone ....... and is ............. ?? OMG, Humperdinck, after the expense of the Olympics, does he want to totally bankrupt Britain? Edit: Will no-one watch Eurovision with Graham Norton and I? It's good for a laugh, surely, Shirley?
                            COME ON YOU RUSSIAN GRANNIES! (Not that I shall be watching, mind you).

Comment

Just seen Englebert - even worse than I thought it would be - that last not was dire!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Spot on, Caliber - care to unravel the others?
                                I'm supposed to be getting ready to go out!!! Well I've got 10 minutes before I'm certain to be late Let's see...

Comment

Working...
                                X