This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northender View Post
    The Yellow Rose of Texas refers to Emily Morgan's part in the battle; A.D. sang the role of the Yellow Princess; and ME played the bass drum on 'Yellow Submarine'. Haven't worked out the Atlantic breezes reference yet.
    The Yellow Cake Revue, Peter Maxwell Davies: Number 7: "Atlantic Breezes"

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      [COLOR="#0000FF"]Sounds like you have it. Why not spit it out and make mercs's day when he gets back ?

EDIT: Northo was doing the spitting [/COLOR]
      Preferable to yesterday's hailstones!

Comment

EDIT: Northo was doing the spitting
        Indeed, and subby maxed out on the cake!

No, I had the first three but not the Aethiopian connection. I was too busy munching a vanilla slice (which had an extremely Yellow but delicious filling)
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
          Indeed, and subby maxed out on the cake!

No, I had the first three but not the Aethiopian connection. I was too busy munching a vanilla slice (which had an extremely Yellow but delicious filling)

Comment

Preferable to yesterday's hailstones!

Did you get some big ones?

There was footage on the news this morning of some from your neck of the woods - even allowing for some melting, they were literally the size of golf balls (someone had helpfully placed a banana alongside them for scale comparison purposes)
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Did you get some big ones?

There was footage on the news this morning of some from your neck of the woods - even allowing for some melting, they were literally the size of golf balls (someone had helpfully placed a banana alongside them for scale comparison purposes)
              Big enough, thanks! I didn't spot the banana - but then visibility wasn't that good.
              (Back on-thread: still waiting for the yellow to turn into a green light...)

Comment

You could always get some zzzs is whilst waiting for mercia to log back in.

In the meantime I note that this thread now accounts for more than 13% of the total activity on FoR3, up from around 11% a few months ago.

Comment

I'm sure you were correct, Northy. Why not Zip on with it? (But don't get it caught!)
                  Last edited by Flay; 29-06-12, 14:32. Reason: Punktuation!
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I'll watch a bit of tennis..
                    EDIT: Just seen the message from Flay, so
                    Here comes a 'Z' (if I may)
                    The first performance of this work was conducted by its composer (who may well have been presented with a bouquet). There was a recording (paid for in old Austrian currency?) in the mid-1920s. The composer was back on the podium for an experimental recording during World War II.
                    Last edited by Guest; 29-06-12, 14:40.

Comment

Actually, they were talking about the horrors of baby circumcision this morning on Women's Hour. They never mentioned that benefit of the procedure!
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The Yellow Rose of Texas refers to Emily Morgan's part in the battle; A.D. sang the role of the Yellow Princess; and ME played the bass drum on 'Yellow Submarine'.
                        phew! I'm back

g-g-g-green for GO

with The Cake Revue from subcontretemps

I think the law has been passed

Yellow Princess by Saint-Saens, should anyone be interested (doubtful)

Comment

Thank you - see #22359 for 'Z'.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            Yellow Princess by Saint-Saens, should anyone be interested (doubtful)
                            Interesting enough for me to look it up. Sounds more like an album by some trendy eighties concept band. It's an opera I see. Long consigned to entirely merited obscurity, one assumes!
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I'll watch a bit of tennis..
                              EDIT: Just seen the message from Flay, so
                              Here comes a 'Z' (if I may)
                              The first performance of this work was conducted by its composer (who may well have been presented with a bouquet). There was a recording (paid for in old Austrian currency?) in the mid-1920s. The composer was back on the podium for an experimental recording during World War II.
                              A minor clarification may be in order: the answer is a name that forms part of the title of the work in question.

Comment

Thus spake Zoroaster

1896 Frankfurt premiere
                                still catching up with the 1920s recording
                                1944 - Hi-Fi recording

not sure of the bouquet & Austrian currency references

Comment

Working...
                                X