• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angle View Post
    Turina
    well done Angle

and how are you today?

Comment

I am fine, Mercia, and hope that you are, too. It seems that I am back on form after yesterday's quite logical solutions to S which all turned out to be quite wrong.
      Just going out for an hour, urgently, and shall set U on return.
      Best wishes to you,

Comment

What U

Actually helped someone else to see how appreciated his work was.
        Actually performed as someone who returned early and spoiled everything but later was led off to a private room to be seduced,
        and a character of whom it was hoped that she would love the man for what he was rather than for his money?
        Last edited by Angle; 23-05-11, 16:19.

Comment

Evenin' vicar: the story of Moby Duck on R7 at 7pm is one of my all-time favourites from Round the Horne. I wonder if anyone will show up in time.

Comment

Evenin' vicar: the story of Moby Duck on R7 at 7pm is one of my all-time favourites from Round the Horne. I wonder if anyone will show up in time.
            Funnily enough I listened to it at 8am this morning before I left the house! I'm sure people will be along in due course, have patience. I certainly haven't had any time to even think about the U and I imagine some of our legal eagles have their minds focussed on super-injunctions at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              I imagine some of our legal eagles have their minds focussed on super-injunctions at the moment!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                Indeed! I should say I have no interest in footballers, their WAGS or the hookers they frequent, I am more concerned about a certain journalist (and we all know who it is) who could have been jailed in secret for contempt of court. I will say no more as it would be off-topic but, going back to the puzzle, I did think Ursula but although there are a lot of them about (Women in Love, Much Ado, HC Andersen, Saint, Mass by Haydn etc) I think mercia is on to something with Ulysses, maybe.

Comment

Poor Caliban. He looks quite distraught. Comfort him, ye people.

Neither UVW nor Ulysseys fit the bill, je regret, but you are both right about the two elements being about opera . The other element refers to yer actual real thing, but not French.

Comment

Poor Caliban. He looks quite distraught. Comfort him, ye people.
                    Believe me ducks, never feel for the legal profession, if you do, they'll charge you by the minute!

Neither UVW nor Ulysseys fit the bill, je regret, but you are both right about the two elements being about opera . The other element refers to yer actual real thing, but not French.
                    Ah, Opera, my bĂȘte noire (and that is your actual French!) Talking about je regret, it seems the Piaf Non, je ne regrette rien is, your actual French disc most often requested on Desert Island Discs. Also, being even more off topic, R4 are asking you to nominate your own. I shall be offline until around 10pm ish.

Comment

R4 are asking you to nominate your own.
                      My own what?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                        question for Anna when she returns - is your fence still standing?
                        Oh thanks for asking mercia, you are so sweet, yes, still standing due in part to me having a power screwdriver and a ball of immensely strong sisal

Angle, you enter your Desert Island Discs here I think

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                          question for Anna when she returns - is your fence still standing?
                          ...and is my team ploughing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Well, it looks like time for a clue.

Can you think of anyone who was not aware of the applause?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                                Oh, very droll. A.E, Housman

'Is football playing
                                Along the river shore,
                                With lads to chase the leather,
                                Now I stand up no more?'

Ay, the ball is flying,
                                The lads play heart and soul;
                                The goal stands up, the keeper
                                Stands up to keep the goal.