X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two more days before I get home, so I pop in here just to check up and what do I find but my friend Mercia setting what could turn out to be really messy 'un. See you Monday. Best wishes from the moors.

Comment

Messiaen

He moved into 77 Rue des plantes with his first wife in 1932.They lived there for about six years.

He wrote Quartet for the end of time while at Stalag 8-A

Theodore Ballu was the architect who designed the church, Église de la Trinité, in the ninth arrondissement in Paris, where Messiaen played the organ.

Comment

a comprehensive answer

an N for you ...........
        Last edited by mercia; 12-06-11, 10:29.

Comment

Title entity of Strauss opera is this.

Domicile for domestic sexual abuse is unfinished in the Swinging era.

Work for a dedicated performer. In the 70s?
          Last edited by Dave2002; 12-06-11, 11:50.

Comment

mercia (and others)

I've edited this a couple of times - I'm not intending to change it now.

Re my healing hands - NO! JB simply wanted me to feel the hole in her head where the drill had gone through. I have to confirm it was there.

Comment

Which Strauss?

Comment

mercia

Maybe I cheated, or used words rather loosely. You might call the work an operetta, rather than opera. Originally I used the word "titled" but decided that "title entity" is better, so it's not The Gypsy Baron!

Comment

The only Strauss operetta with an N I can think of is Princess Ninetta but obviously that's wrong. Are all the clues musical?

Comment

The first part of the clue doesn't start with an N, but once you've got it you should discover a word which does begin with N. That word definitely relates to music.

Comment

Well, I'm afraid our Merry Band of Puzzlers is somewhat depleted at the moment, due to work, family, etc., but hopefully they may look in later on and get an inkling of an answer but at the moment I cannot see a way in to this one, but thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Maybe you need another way in. I'll try a slight hint which relates to the other two clues, and indeed the first one when you see it. Chopin and Debussy did not quite write these - as far as I know!

Comment

Well, I'm off now until just about midnight. I'll look in then.

Comment

Midnight might be related too! Enjoy your evening.

Comment

Well, there is this (Re: Strauss opera)…
                              Eine Nacht in Venedig

Comment

Come on guys! What is the most popular one?

Comment

Working...
                                X