X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

If cricket is committed to rooting out corruption, players, officials and administrators cannot afford to look the other way, says Andy Bull

Any of you following the BCCI / IPL crisis? It has been staggering.

Maybe now England county / national squad players will avoid the whole business like the plague - an apt simile frankly.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...on-spot-fixing

Any of you following the BCCI / IPL crisis? It has been staggering.

Maybe now England county / national squad players will avoid the whole business like the plague - an apt simile frankly.
      I sat open-mouthed at John Holder's revelation on-air. It dawned on me slowly that his decision not to report it has resonances with the young people (mostly women and girls) who have been used sexually by powerful men such that they feel abused - how could they report it when they 'knew' that no-one would listen to them or take them seriously?

Now of course society is much more aware of both forms of abuse and treat them as such, rightly so. I'm not sure how you deal with either other than by making hard examples of the transgressors in the hope of creating a deterrent effect plus an active education programme around what Holder identified as his sense self-worth.

A remarkable man

Comment

• clive heath

I wonder if the NZ tailenders scoring 51 runs from 45 balls influenced the decision not to enforce the follow-on.

Comment

Working...
        X