Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Nothing to do with being politically incorrect but infringing House Rules. As people say they don't look at the Homepage, only What's New? I was thinking of adding a 'House Rules' button to the navigation bar (next to What's New?) but thought it might be considered a bit aggressive.
    Maybe at second level instead (Who's online, Members, Calendar) would not look so intrusive?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Maybe at second level instead (Who's online, Members, Calendar) would not look so intrusive?
      But that bar doesn't appear on the What's New? view. It's only on the Home page - which people say they don't look at and which already has the link at the top of the sidebar. I felt very guilty about moving it up to the top of the list.

Oh, it does appear if you're already viewing a topic. I could do that (I think).
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

But that bar doesn't appear on the What's New? view. It's only on the Home page - which people say they don't look at and which already has the link at the top of the sidebar. I felt very guilty about moving it up to the top of the list.

Oh, it does appear if you're already viewing a topic. I could do that (I think).
        Hadn't twigged that, as I was looking at this thread at the time; so perhaps not so useful, but better than nothing.

Comment

One wonders what has happened to ahinton, whose last post was on November 14 last year. I hope he is all right.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            One wonders what has happened to ahinton, whose last post was on November 14 last year. I hope he is all right.
            Not posting on Facebook either, but obviously still around.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Not posting on Facebook either, but obviously still around.
              He posted on Lebrecht's site a short while ago.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

I was thinking the other day that Ardcarp has been quiet, not posted since October. I guess FF may know something as he was a mod of some sort ( on The Choir ? ) at some point.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  I was thinking the other day that Ardcarp has been quiet, not posted since October. I guess FF may know something as he was a mod of some sort ( on The Choir ? ) at some point.
                  I've been wondering about this for a while. Ardcarp was the originator of the ill-fated politics thread that resulted in (ahem!) a bit of bother and the timing of his exit does suggest a possible connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

I've been wondering about this for a while. Ardcarp was the originator of the ill-fated politics thread that resulted in (ahem!) a bit of bother and the timing of his exit does suggest a possible connection.
                    Just seen this. Sorry it's been a bit of a hectic day

I have now made some enquiries and I can confirm that he was in his late 70s and sadly died last year, shortly after posting for the last time.

Comment

I think that he did start that thread with a certain caution, and although of strong views, he never really got involved in heated discussion .
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

I have now made some enquiries and I can confirm that he was in his late 70s and sadly died last year, shortly after posting for the last time.
                        Very sad news. Thank you for letting us know ff.

Comment

Thank you, FF. Very sorry to hear this news.

Comment

…Condolences to his nearest and dearest
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

That is most sad. May he be resting in peace in the great beyond.

Comment

He posted on Lebrecht's site a short while ago.
                                Maybe he'll be back sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X