Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The General Chat Room

Whilst I find that in some threads, eg The Sunday chat Room, are ok for that day, i thought it be a good idea to have a thread that has what people here can contribute to chat about anything and everething(within the boundaries of the rules of this board ofcourse!).
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

BBM, what a brilliant idea! I hope the powers that be agree.

Comment

How will this be different from the Stormy Weather room then?

Comment

TIPPEX!

Is it just me, or has Tippex become rubbish recently? It takes ages to dry, runs around the paper, makes a mess of the photocopier glass - AND DOESN'T WORK!!!!! The copy that comes out has a grey smudge where the Tippex has covered the mistake (and where it's dribbled down/across the page!)

I feel better now - thanks, Bbm.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          How will this be different from the Stormy Weather room then?
          Good point... but in fact I know of a few who don't frequent the weather thread but who like a nice natter...

Ferney's Tippex-driven cri-de-coeur wouldn't necessarily have fitted there - and if he'd started a new thread to moan about Tippex, we'd have thought he was nuts!

Glad you got that off your chest, ferns. (Actually - are you using a fresh pot? Haven't used it for ages, but I recall that an elderly pot will become more liquid and less effective...
          Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 02-07-13, 11:58.
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

do people still use tippex ?

I thought it went out with typewriters, carbon paper, pennyfarthings, powdered egg, sock suspenders .................

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Good point... but in fact I know of a few who don't frequent the weather thread but who like a nice natter...

Ferney's Tippex-driven cri-de-coeur wouldn't necessarily have fitted there - and if he'd started a new thread to moan about Tippex, we'd have thought he was nuts!

Glad you got that off your chest, ferns.
              Surely one of the joys of Stormy Weather is that all ferney would have had to do to make his cri de couer entirely à propos is to offer a snappy weather snapshot such as "Back OT, raining cats and dogs here"

But hey! Who's da Host here?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post

I thought it went out with typewriters
                I didn't dare say it...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Surely one of the joys of Stormy Weather is that all ferney would have had to do to make his cri de couer entirely à propos is to offer a snappy weather snapshot such as "Back OT, raining cats and dogs here"

Since you mention it, it's rather grey here....

But back OT, nothing is bothering me particularly just at the moment

Comment

I thought it went out with typewriters, carbon paper, pennyfarthings, powdered egg, sock suspenders .................
                    All of which will return one day, when "inevitable capitalism" fails to find renewable replacements for energy supplies - even sock suspenders! - for when civilisation finally collapses due to humankind's failure to stand up colectively and be counted, some, last, wise man or woman, will be there to document it for whatever life forms evolve to an appreciative posterity.

On a lighter side, ahem, two young women in the office where I once worked came in wearing "Cover your boobs with Tippex" slogans, and the line manager ordered them home!

Comment

Sock suspenders are "out"???!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        (Actually - are you using a fresh pot? Haven't used it for ages, but I recall that an elderly pot will become more liquid and less effective...
                        Really? I think mine is quite new - and the problem used to be that the stuff began to coagulate after a few weeks. Tippex thinner used to remedy that problem, but the manufacturers stopped making thinner when they added a new ingredient that slowed down the coagulation process. (I was told this by my stationers - the same ones who provide me with Carbon paper and Banda Masters!)

Quite cloudy and muggy today, with a couple of rain flurries.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          On a lighter side, ahem, two young women in the office where I once worked came in wearing "Cover your boobs with Tippex" slogans, and the line manager ordered them home!

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Sock suspenders are "out"???!!!!

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          Quite cloudy and muggy today, with a couple of rain flurries.

Comment

is a rain flurry like a mac flurry? (only seen them advertised , never tried one of course).

OK, not just a moan thread I know, but the "new" school History curriculum.....rubbish. Out goes any attempt to get kids to think (too dangerous for governments) in comes rote learning facts about the lovely Normans.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Why were there a record breaking 435 users online on 3 August 2011 ?

The Prom that night was mainly of twentieth century French music performed by the BBC Scottish.

Comment

Working...
                              X