Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Make of CAR Is This?!

Not cameras this time but a car? Specifically, the limousine at my parents wedding in Dublin in 1956.

Sorry, this the only view I have, but it seems to have been a beast of a thing and very high off the ground. Also with a capacious boot such as one could get the entire picnic and Cook into in the one fit.

Good luck!

Not much to go on..... the car is probably British or American, i.e. Armstrong Siddeley, Humber, Bentley, Austin Sheerline, Austin Princess, Buick, Packard....

How about this?

http://tocmp.org/humber/p/hp-pg04&05.jpg

1948 Humber Pullman

Comment

There is a luxury limo firm operating from the bottom of my lane, and it looks a a bit like the Blue Baron in the attached link: http://lordcars.co.uk/cars/

Comment

It does look rather like a large Daimler, which is the sort of luxury limo you might have hired for such an event.

Comment

Yes, I'm inclined to go with PJPH's Humber Pullman suggestion:

I've reviewed countless pictures of Daimlers, Bentleys, Rolls Royce's etc. but seen none with that high backed boot:

Not, that there are any more clues in this picture but this is my parents as they about to depart from the church for their wedding breakfast.

One of the reasons for me going through old wedding photographs is that I will attend the nuptials next week of a cousin (a nephew of my late father's) at the very same church.

Comment

I'm not even going to begin this time, having made such a fool of myself on the camera thread.

Comment

And no sooner have you identified the car than you're seeing them all over the place. In this instance, the Beatle's film 'A Hard Day's Night'!

Comment

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
                Yes, I'm inclined to go with PJPH's Humber Pullman suggestion:

I've reviewed countless pictures of Daimlers, Bentleys, Rolls Royce's etc. but seen none with that high backed boot:

Not, that there are any more clues in this picture but this is my parents as they about to depart from the church for their wedding breakfast.

One of the reasons for me going through old wedding photographs is that I will attend the nuptials next week of a cousin (a nephew of my late father's) at the very same church.
                I don't know about the car, but the groom looks very much like the Irish Actor T P McKenna who died a couple of years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
                  I don't know about the car, but the groom looks very much like the Irish Actor T P McKenna who died a couple of years ago!
                  Aye, 'tis himself! When he married my mother, May White. Literally, she was the girl next door.

Typical actors! Milo O'Shea, Donal Donnelly and Dad acting it up.

Comment

Some cracking old machines in races and demonstrations being streamed live from Goodwood this weekend:

"...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                    X