No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another of my 'Quiet Corner' films

I've been at it again!

Film making that is. Yes, another of my 'Quiet Corner' films. This time a portmanteau edition in which I visit my own manor - Blackheath. Just completed last week.

"Stephen returns to South East London and discovers a hidden jewel of a quiet corner in Bennett Park, Blackheath which has been home to the legendary GPO & Crown Film Units, the saucy seaside postcard and even the man on the moon, almost."

Stephen returns to South East London and discovers a hidden jewel of a quiet corner in Bennett Park, Blackheath which has been home to the legendary GPO & Crown…

I really enjoyed that! There were so many interesting things packed into just nine minutes.

I knocked around Blackheath a fair bit in the noughties, so it was nice to see many familiar scenes.

Thanks for posting

Comment

This needs a bump! Watch it, it's only 9 minutes!

Comment

Very enjoyable. Will check out Bennett Park when I am next in South London.

Comment

We are blessed with parks in our neck of the woods, stretching from Wandsworth to Greenwich - London's best-kept secret. Don't tell anyone - they'd all want to move here!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            We are blessed with parks in our neck of the woods, stretching from Wandsworth to Greenwich - London's best-kept secret. Don't tell anyone - they'd all want to move here!
            £££££££££££££££££££££££££

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
              £££££££££££££££££££££££££
              Just because Dave and George have agreed to publish their tax returns doesn't confer upon you any obligation to reveal your annual salary, you know!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                Just because Dave and George have agreed to publish their tax returns doesn't confer upon you any obligation to reveal your annual salary, you know!
                I'm retired, I don't have a salary.

And please, this is not the time to talk about tax.

Comment

I'm retired, I don't have a salary.
                  Of course your are; I should have remembered that! OK, substitute "pension" for "salary", then.

And please, this is not the time to talk about tax.
                  I know, but my only reference to it was incidental and for the sole purpose of illustration; such thrust as there was to my post related to a more general financial disclosure obligation (or otherwise!)...

Anyway, back (swiftly!) to Blackheath, the likely fate of whose concert halls complex looks to be a seriously worrying issue...

Comment

Working...
                  X