Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Three TPs - Looking for TP's Grave

I hope this is an ok place to post the following here.

Once of the reasons I've been away is I have been working on a major media project regarding my family history.

My father was the well-known actor, T.P. McKenna, but he also had an uncle, T.P. McKenna, and a grandfather, T.P. McKenna.

Inevitably, I felt compelled to make something of a remarkable history staged an evening of history and commemoration in their honour called, 'The Three T.P.s'. which told the stories of their lives and the part each had played in the cause of Irish liberty.

The climax of the evening was a film insert recalling my quest to discover my great uncles grave in Argentina where he had become a medical exile before dying tragically young.

I hope it will be of interest:

Search to find the exact resting place of my Great Uncle T.P. McKenna

A lovely tribute, and a privilege to watch - thank you Stephen.

Comment

Thank you most kindly, SA ...

It's a privilege to share actually.

Of late I have become the family historian. So much of it is rooted in the War of Independence and with the enmity that followed as a consequence of the Civil War there was a deep reticence on the part of my grandfather's generation, so that what has come down has been mostly a collection of fragments; and often only held verbally.

There's a threat then of that history dying out completely as my older aunts and uncles are reaching their natural end. So, it has been something of a race against time.

Comment

I watched it, and it was interesting. Well done, though clearly a bit sad. I hope it is of real interest within your family. Maybe more of us should be making such videos as a record for future generations.

I’m also amazed that those Dreamliners got you there and back over such a vast expanse of sea and in under 24 hours each way - a journey which would have taken far longer by sea a century ago.

Comment

Beautifully done. The photography is breathtaking. I didn't grasp quickly enough what the gravestone was at the beginning of the film and had to go back and look.

Comment

A beautiful, sensitive piece of cinematography - most enjoyable. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              I watched it, and it was interesting. Well done, though clearly a bit sad. I hope it is of real interest within your family. Maybe more of us should be making such videos as a record for future generations.

I’m also amazed that those Dreamliners got you there and back over such a vast expanse of sea and in under 24 hours each way - a journey which would have taken far longer by sea a century ago.
              The efficiency of jets these days is amazing. I flew with Norwegian Air premium economy this time last year after the Christmas fares spike.

I had been looking forward to flying over such a big stretch of South America but the entire continent seemed to be under cloud.

I stayed in an ideal air b'n'b and the host was married to a nephew of Daniel Barenboim's.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freude View Post
                Beautifully done. The photography is breathtaking. I didn't grasp quickly enough what the gravestone was at the beginning of the film and had to go back and look.
                Thank you Andy F. There will in time be a full length version of this story.

Comment

Working...
                X