Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring

Could've swore I'd started a thread about this, but it appears not - it's the only season I'd neglected for this subforum it seems - so here it is!

There seems to have been more blossom round these parts this year, probably something to do with the weather... or I could be imagining it. Whatever it is, it's nice.

'Loveliest of trees'.

Comment

Thanks for the photo, JosephK.

My father always insisted that Housman's last line 'to see the cherry hung with snow' meant that since 50 springs weren't enough he would go in winter to see the snow on the braches and pretend it was blossom. I tried in vain to convince him that 'snow' was Housman's metaphor for white blossom.

Comment

Tomorrow I'll take my phone with me on my walk to take a few more photos... be interesting to see if next year there is the same blossom.

Comment

Originally posted by gradus View Post
          'Loveliest of trees'.
          Not one pothole visible!

(Just to keep on topic, potholes are a common indicator of spring!)

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post

Tomorrow I'll take my phone with me on my walk to take a few more photos... be interesting to see if next year there is the same blossom.
            Love the photos, thanks. Blossoms do seem to be extraordinarily plentiful this year. I do wonder if preceding weather has anything to do with it, not having seen or heard about research being carried out to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Love the photos, thanks. Blossoms do seem to be extraordinarily plentiful this year. I do wonder if preceding weather has anything to do with it, not having seen or heard about research being carried out to that effect.
              Perhaps there are more blossom trees than before too: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/our...nities-blossom

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                Perhaps there are more blossom trees than before too: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/our...nities-blossom
                One of the things I love about Japanese culture is how, every year, they celebrate their blossom season.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  One of the things I love about Japanese culture is how, every year, they celebrate their blossom season.

Comment

Beautiful. Thank you for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
                      Beautiful. Thank you for posting!
                      You're welcome.

As promised, here are some more:

Comment

Lovely pics, i havs noticed we getting sunny warm days with cold winds, hopefully as we move into summer the winds will be warmer.
                        Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

Comment

Lovely stuff JK.

As usual.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                            X