Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good soup

Not perhaps the time of year to be looking at cheap, nourishing soups (and is Amateur the only other person besides me who does 'cheap'?) but I found I had all the ingredients for this recipe from HughRiver-Cayfe:

Spinach and Puy Lentil:

Start in the usual way with the onion and carrot, with sprigs of thyme, or dried thyme. Then add some chopped tomatoes (this recipe doesn't use tinned ones), garlic and the lentils (I partly cooked them and added a stock cube to the water to make a poor person's stock), salt and pepper. After simmering for 25 minutes, add handfuls of baby spinach leaves and parsley (I switched off the heat and just left it for another five minutes). Add freshly flaked Parmesan to serve. A quite satisfying lunch.

(Just learned from my fishmonger that the salmon and tuna they sell is 'sushi grade' which means you can - wait for it - eat it raw. I'm going to try a little bit of the salmon raw this evening, with rocket and French 'rainbow' radishes, Bordeaux rosé with. If I don't like it I shall cook the rest.)

No celery in sight ... :-)
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    If I don't like it I shall cook the rest.)

No celery in sight ... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      (Just learned from my fishmonger that the salmon and tuna they sell is 'sushi grade' which means you can - wait for it - eat it raw.
      Why spoil it by cooking ?
      I'd check the provenance of the Tuna though
      many Japanese places have stopped selling it due to environmental concerns

Comment

Working...
      X