Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second Richardfinegold's choice of Hot Dogs and Beans but also suggest Fried Clams and Narragansett Lager to pair with Sousa, though high-octane IPAs brewed in Vermont are replacing the local brew as a swill of choice.

Comment

Suggested listening when tucking in to meat and two veg.

T Bone - Neil Young.
      Green Onions - Booker T & The MGS.
      New Potato Caboose - Grateful Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
        Webern: Variations for Orchestra + one dry cracker, a carrot and a stick of celery, not forgetting the small glass of water.
        Oh, that's not how I taste it - a Sushi selection with subtle garlic and chilli overtones - and a dry white wine as BeefO suggests.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Oh, that's not how I taste it - a Sushi selection with subtle garlic and chilli overtones - and a dry white wine as BeefO suggests.
          Le Boeuf sur la toit - Barbecued steaks - or the Bank Holiday special replace the Milhaud with Lovin' Spoonful's Rain on the Roof!

Comment

Looking ahead to just this thread, Percy Grainger once said of Country Gardens, "The typical English country garden is not often used to grow flowers in; it is more likely to be a vegetable plot. So you can think of turnips as I play it.”

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
              It's Memorial Day Here

John Phillips Sousa Stars and Stripes Forever paired with Hot Dogs and Baked Beans

Between the piccolo tune and the finale there are many an opportunity to disguise gastric distress...
              Can't we get maple syrup in there somewhere?

On a rather more tangential note, how about The Stars and Stripes Forever and Christmas dinner?

????

[Sousa wrote it on Christmas Day 1896, but keep it quiet…(something that's not often said about this particular piece!)]

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                Can't we get maple syrup in there somewhere?

On a rather more tangential note, how about The Stars and Stripes Forever and Christmas dinner?

????

[Sousa wrote it on Christmas Day 1896, but keep it quiet…(something that's not often said about this particular piece!)]
                Fascinating. It always gets played here on July 4

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                  Fascinating. It always gets played here on July 4
                  I'm sure it does.

Another piece with a comparable story is Leroy Anderson's Sleigh Ride, which was written during a Connecticut heat wave in June.

Comment

Allegro de Cheese-o

Comment

messiaen oiseaux exotiques - Drink, Mellow Birds

Comment

Working...
                      X