Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Courgettes missing here, some tomato varieties, otherwise OK.....
    I need raw veg nearly every day so buy lots of crunchy salad foods, but lettuce isn't usually one of them - prefer butterhead, rocket, pea shoots or cress along with radishes, cucumber, antipasti, sliced yellow peppers and so on. I'm gluten-free and have salad with almost every meal. If ever the fresh supplies were seriously interrupted I would be in trouble...
    OT, not owning either a deep freeze or a microwave, and cooking everything from scratch fresh, a great aid to healthy eating - like you jayne we consume mounds of veg, salads and pulses...

Comment

Maybe we need more hydroponics?

Thanet Earth, a vast complex of glasshouses, each the size of Heathrow’s Terminal 5 building, is changing the way Britain grows its food.

You've heard of the factory chicken. Now meet the factory vegetable. Grown in their millions in trays of nutrient-enriched water inside a vast greenhouse.
      Last edited by Lat-Literal; 04-02-17, 22:25.

Comment

Colleagues in Canterbury tell me that there are shortages of salads and vegetables, even though this http://www.thanetearth.com/ is a short distance away. Something is wrong about the procurement model.

Comment

Originally posted by Alain Maréchal View Post
          Colleagues in Canterbury tell me that there are shortages of salads and vegetables, even though this http://www.thanetearth.com/ is a short distance away. Something is wrong about the procurement model.
          Oh, please don't! The local Tesco here used to stock the wonderfully named Thanet Earth's "Kent Temptation" tomatoes that could be relied upon for good flavour and texture at any time of year, but that stopped some time ago, hence my comment about lack of decently flavoured tomatoes right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alain Maréchal View Post
            It's just the tip of the iceberg.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              It's just the tip of the iceberg.
              Lettuce pray it gets no worse
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                Oh, please don't! The local Tesco here used to stock the wonderfully named Thanet Earth's "Kent Temptation" tomatoes that could be relied upon for good flavour and texture at any time of year, but that stopped some time ago, hence my comment about lack of decently flavoured tomatoes right now.
                That's more likely to be the tactics of the Tesco Buyers - a life-form for whom I have little respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  That's more likely to be the tactics of the Tesco Buyers - a life-form for whom I have little respect.
                  It's not, actually - or at least it wasn't; they couldn't sell enough of them in my local store so they dropped them but were still selling them in other stores and, having contacted the growers, I learnt that it's a variety grown exclusively for Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                    Lettuce pray it gets no worse
                    Oh don't talk such radish, you scallionwag!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                      Oh don't talk such radish, you scallionwag!
                      Let us romaine aloof from commenting cos such remarks may contain little gems of truth. I'd butterhead off for me coat now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Let us romaine aloof from commenting cos such remarks may contain little gems of truth. I'd butterhead off for me coat now.
                          - genius!
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

So what does that leave you?

Comment

Brilliant!

Leaves on the line and all that (although you can't beet leaves) - and speaking of lines, isn't having to queue cumbersome just because of this shortage? Crisis? What - er -crisis? These pesky growers need a good pepper talk! It's nuts! There must be a simple solution; after all, it's not rocket science...

Comment

Working...
                              X