Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... if you have so much cooking fat to dispose of that it is a problem for you, I wd suggest a greater problem to be looked at is your diet

....yes, own up Dave 2002....just how many battered Mars Bars do you eat a week....
    bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....yes, own up Dave 2002....just how many battered Mars Bars do you eat a week....
      Had to think about that one for a while...

... was almost on the point of ringing social services!

OG

Comment

Quite interesting responses here. No - I don't have many Mars bars - in fact haven't had one for a long while I can't remember when I had the last one. We don't fry chips in a fryer, quantities of oil are very small. However sometimes a typical "Sunday" lunch may giver rise to fat or fatty remnants in the cooking trays.

The local authority here does not provide a food waste service, and basically all we have is one "green" bin - which is actually blue, and one regular bin, which is actually green! We are considered to be in a rural area, so there is no garden waste collection.

We are not allowed to put glass bottles into the "green" (blue) bin, but plastic and tins are OK. We are actually told not to put in aluminium foil or aluminium food trays into the "green" bin - even though aluminium is relatively high value re recycling. Apparently the reason for this is that there is some sort of automated or semi-automated process, and aluminium foil and aluminium trays can jam up the machines.

As a rural area, chances are that putting small amounts of food waste into holes in the ground might be recommended. Clearly large amounts of waste can be taken to one of the nearer recyling centres, but we haven't had to dispose of any dead cows or sheep lately.

Comment

Working...
        X