• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is more my thing

or this

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      Tunnock's dark chocolate caramel wafer has to be in the top five, if not the top one.
      do they not do a dark choc tea-cake too?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Their dark choc covered TEA CAKE!!"!
        Ooops have cross-posted - they are excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Chunky Kit-Kat
          beware the CK-K
          Nestle is recalling some of its varieties of Chunky Kit Kat after seven people found pieces of plastic in bars.

Comment

Fry's peppermint creams - the ones that came in a hex/octagonal tube; a regular feature in my Christmas stocking around a thousand years ago. And for the crunchy lovers out there, try The Chocolate Society's "Hokey-Pokey". Milk or dark, and now they have it in Easter egg form.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              Thanks! Happily (on several levels) it must be a year or two since I had one.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                Some nostalgic wrapper designs here - including your 'Fry's 5 Centres' Edge... (I remember those 'Week End' chocolate boxes being very disappointing when the grandparents had them )

However it has reminded me that Cadbury's ICE BREAKER was a MASSIVE favourite of mine! You could suck away all the chocolate from your mouthful, and be left with a load of crunchy mint shards! YUM!!! Possibly the first time in 30 years that has crossed my mind! (Earlier 'list' post duly amended)

What a super pic that is.
                Does anyone remember the Milk Tray bar ?
                I recall they were quite expensive,I couldn't afford one until I started work.
                My dad would bring one home on pay day and share it with us,that was one chocolate each,'appy days.

Comment

Cadburys Animals

I bought a box of cadburys animals recently but had to return the box as the seal was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Madame Suggia View Post
                    I bought a box of cadburys animals recently but had to return the box as the seal was broken.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      What a super pic that is.
                      I recall they were quite expensive,I couldn't afford one until I started work.
                      My dad would bring one home on pay day and share it with us,that was one chocolate each,'appy days.
                      Eeee lad!

Question is: would you risk it for a Swisskit?

(We never did. Sounded really boring

Likewise I always found Terry's WAIFA offputting, I thought the stupid spelling must mean the chocolate was dodgy. I was such a prig at the age of 10 )
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Sometimes chocolate bars have a message! http://www.flickr.com/photos/4895272...in/photostream

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Sometimes chocolate bars have a message! http://www.flickr.com/photos/4895272...in/photostream
                          Should they come in plain wrapping?

Or with dire warnings about obesity, diabetes etc?

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            lion Bar
                            Toffee crisp
                            Don't eat them no more since they were taken to the dark side - some irrational political hangover - even though I know I'd probably still love them.*

Double Decker.
                            They're just never as good as I think they're going to be. Why did they survive when Aztecs didn't?

Why was Bar Six only available in Swimming Pools and BR vending machines?
                            Too right ts - what happened to them? - I loved that wafer/choc combo.

On the negative side: Caramac. why? some sort of WW2 hangover, or something?
                            See * - but I used to love Caramac - hard job eating a whole one. Perfect for a share.

I'm with Fosshilde on the Dark Choccy Tunnock's caramel wafer - have to be careful not to gallop through a whole pack.
                            Last edited by johncorrigan; 24-03-13, 15:26. Reason: ...it's the rolos I miss!

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Yes! Must have been around in the early '80s, I recall (my chocolate bar purchasing peak).

My childhood favourites:
                              Mars
                              Wispa
                              Crunchie
                              Caramel
                              Marathon (which I refused to buy after the silly name change)

Nowadays, I settle for good old Daily Milk or Galaxy.
                              Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

In his edit john corrigan mentions Rolos (which I liked and surely are still around?) but there were also Munchies and a peppermint version called Mintola. It's rare for me to buy a chocolate bar now (as opposed to a bar of chocolate, if you follow) but occasionally Mars do a Limited Editiion which is dark chocolate - I love those, a normal Mars is too sickly sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X