Whatever happened to Tiger rolls & bread ?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to Tiger rolls & bread ?

There are rolls & bread with a superficial appearance but no smell or flavour - surely there must be a genuine supplier somewhere.

Originally posted by gamba View Post
    There are rolls & bread with a superficial appearance but no smell or flavour - surely there must be a genuine supplier somewhere.
    gamba, are these slimming products ? I remember something called the Cambridge formula loaf, which was largely made of soya flour but wasn't too bad. There were also Energen Rolls which were crisp on the outside and cotton wool within. If you split them and slathered on plenty of butter they were quite good filled with cheese. This of course cancelled the original aspiration entirely!

Comment

Tescos and Sainsbury's do these, Gamba!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

So does the Coop. No idea what they are, except they have an orangey mottled effect on the crust.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Sainsburys came under pressure for a name change
          Sainsbury's is renaming its tiger bread after a letter a three-year-old girl wrote to the company, saying the bread looked more like a giraffe, went viral.

it's just a decoration isn't it ?

Comment

How stupid!!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              So does the Coop. No idea what they are, except they have an orangey mottled effect on the crust.
              Most bakers in Cornwall sell them - can't think they'll change the name here!

Comment

no smell or flavour .
                Why would you want to eat bread that had those characteristics ?

Comment

No, no, no, no no !

Tiger rolls & bread is tasteless stuff from all these suppliers. You'll smell the real thing the moment you enter the store, but not these days.

Ingredients should include rice paste & sesame oil, alas, no longer !

Meanwhile, thank you all for your contributions.o
                  Last edited by gamba; 22-12-13, 12:07.

Comment

No, no, no, no no !

Tiger rolls & bread is tasteless stuff from all these suppliers. You'll smell the real thing the moment you enter the store, but not these days.

Ingredients should include rice paste & sesame oil.
                    Mmmm gamba, sesame oil - I had no idea

Comment

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

This is the local 'artisinal' (or expensive ) bakery that makes tiger bread that I have never tried.

Discover the range of our food from Bread, Cakes, Breakfast, Lunch and Seasonal menus. We love food, good food with minimum fuss and high-quality ingredients.

Praps I'll save up for a loaf in 2014

Comment

... is it just my déjà vu - but haven't we had a thread on tiger bread before??

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            This is the local 'artisinal' (or expensive ) bakery that makes tiger bread that I have never tried.

Discover the range of our food from Bread, Cakes, Breakfast, Lunch and Seasonal menus. We love food, good food with minimum fuss and high-quality ingredients.

Praps I'll save up for a loaf in 2014
                            It's only for the well-bread.

Comment

Vinteuil,

If so, what was the outcome ?
                              Last edited by gamba; 23-12-13, 11:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X