Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway...any info about travel?

We'd like to spend a week or two in Norway shortly after Christmas, as we have extended family over there. My sister, the senior one of the pack, really wants us to go, but their government seems pretty uncertain about travel requirements vis-a-vis Covid. It is of course a changing situation, so I suppose no-one can foresee possible surges of infection and lock-downs.

I just wonder if anyone has advice or inside knowledge?

Whatever other regs there may or may not be, you’ll have to do a day two test when you get back.

A completely useless public health measure if ever I saw one.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      We'd like to spend a week or two in Norway shortly after Christmas, as we have extended family over there. My sister, the senior one of the pack, really wants us to go, but their government seems pretty uncertain about travel requirements vis-a-vis Covid. It is of course a changing situation, so I suppose no-one can foresee possible surges of infection and lock-downs.

I just wonder if anyone has advice or inside knowledge?
      Had you seen this page?

Entry restrictions discontinued  The statutory requirement to obtain a negative test prior to travel and the requirement to register entry into Norway upon arrival have both been discontinued.  

Comment

Looks like Norway if off for Christmas this year. They've apparently had quite a batch of Omicron in Oslo, so the risks and regulations on both sides of the North Sea are likely to be prohibitive.

Such a shame for families with relatives overseas wherever they are.

Comment

Same in Denmark.

Comment

Just had a Facetime from our Norwegian rellies. It's been blue sky, snow and -8 degrees today, Just like Christmas ought to be.

Comment

Working...
            X