Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sack this revolting specimen

This evil and nasty piece of work should be sacked.

:ok:

Comment

She's Georgian--perhaps related to Stalin?

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
        She's Georgian--
        That's no excuse - so was Jane Austen!

Revolting woman (the singer, that is) - but I think sacking her would only enflame her paranoid vitriol. Rather let her colleagues show her exactly what they think of her and let the audience boycotts do the rest.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Perhaps a performer boycott, or stage crew. She'd look pretty silly standing alone on a bare stage with no orchestra in the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            That's no excuse - so was Jane Austen!

Revolting woman (the singer, that is) - but I think sacking her would only enflame her paranoid vitriol. Rather let her colleagues show her exactly what they think of her and let the audience boycotts do the rest.
            I can't imagine that any opera house staff will even want to work with her in the first place. Who would want to work alongside a 'colleague' who holds such vile, disgusting and hateful views. This kind of thing sickens me, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
              Perhaps a performer boycott, or stage crew. She'd look pretty silly standing alone on a bare stage with no orchestra in the pit.
              Well - she's now not exactly a box office drawer, that's for sure. Hopefully they won't even touch her with a barge-pole.

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                Well - she's now not exactly a box office drawer, that's for sure. Hopefully they won't even touch her with a barge-pole.
                More a pants drawer....

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                  More a pants drawer....
                  Bottom-drawer, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
                    ...... vile, disgusting and hateful views. This kind of thing sickens me, basically.
                    makes two/many of us :ok:

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                      She's Georgian--perhaps related to Stalin?
                      My house is mock-Georgian. Some consider that a hate-crime against architecture.

I had to look at the visualnikmos' link very carefully before I convinced myself this wasn't a Daily Mash parody. I cannot quite believe people have these views and are happy to air them. To begin with I thought it surprising the Australian government didn't send a taxi to take her to the nearest airport, but agree with later opinions that this would make her and her kind feel like martyrs.

Best of luck to all forced to work with her.

Comment

I should think there'll be demonstrations and general trouble if she does appear - and it seems she's going to.

Can people be sacked for their opinions, even if they're appalling?

Comment

I think she might get her marching orders sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
                          Opera Australia is facing pressure to sack a Georgian opera singer due to perform with the company next month over comments in which she compared gay and lesbian people to faecal matter.
                          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
                            Would you have written that if it was racism that was the issue concerned here, and not homophobia?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
                              A good question. In the great scheme of things the views of a Georgian opera singer (of whom I've never heard) wouldn't matter a jot and would in any case be forgotten in next to no time. Part of democratic society (such as our own) is that a pretty wide spectrum of opinion is tolerated no matter how abhorrent some of these views may be.

I'd consider it a slippery slope to sack people or deprive them of their livelihood for having a view on a given subject but we seem to be going increasingly down this route these days.

For the record, I find her views pretty revolting but she has the freedom to express them and the rest of us have the freedom to ignore them.
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                              X