Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

.... behind closed doors TTIP [the new vampire squid] births

.... behind closed doors TTIP [the new vampire squid] births

UNITE has polled and has argued but probably to little avail

Monbiot has huffed and puffed

Even US and EU officials admit that the real goal is to remove regulatory ‘barriers’ which restrict the potential profits to be made by transnational corporations . Yet these ‘barriers’ are in reality some of our most valuable social standards and environmental regulations such as labour rights, food safety rules (including restrictions on GMOs), regulations on the use of toxic chemicals, digital privacy laws and even banking safeguards introduced to prevent a repeat of the 2008 financial crash.
    labour dithers, gargling reassurance bout the NHS safe in their hands, but terrified of the US Hegemon and EU Bruxocracy

Cameron PM: We must ensure that hon. Members who want to support the TTIP have good answers to give the NGOs. Although some NGOs talk a good game on trade and its importance, when it comes to the crunch they often take quite an anti-trade position. I think that they are on the wrong side of history on this because trade has been a great way to lift people out of poverty, but I am happy to address these issues as fully as I can.
    typical Tory crap; try telling the Chinese to that .... the most successsful growth record was achieved by a higly closed economy ... and that is the message from all the Asian Tigers .... Did he really get a first in PPE?

TTIP is dangerous; ask the Canadians about NAFTA
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Trapping people and their governments into situations from which thereafter there is no escape forms an indispensable part of the pattern with post-mixed economy-running governments: think mortgages.

Comment

Working...
    X