State of the parties as 2015 General Election looms.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Earnings are decided in the labour market,
    & hoiw does the 'labour market' decide that cleaners, for example, who's skills are in demand should get paid only the minimum wage (if they are lucky) & not a wage they can live on?

Comment

No thank you.
      I thought gonger's post was an anagram, TBH.

heres a neat site.

"My Yen Raves" seems somehow suitable for two gongs !!

how is the general election campaign going?
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

- politics of envy as usual.
        Or the politics of injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Or the politics of injustice.
          You'll find that envy is the driver.

Comment

You may not believe this but many people are actually concerned about injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
              & hoiw does the 'labour market' decide that cleaners, for example, who's skills are in demand should get paid only the minimum wage (if they are lucky) & not a wage they can live on?
              Because even though the minimum wage is being offered, there will still be plenty of takers. It's, ahem, supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                You may not believe this but many people are actually concerned about injustice.
                Yes, quite often the envious ones. Knocking down IDS or his rich dad, does nothing positive.

Comment

even though the minimum wage is being offered, there will still be plenty of takers
                  And this too is unjust, clearly.

Comment

Yes, quite often the envious ones.
                    You have such a miserably low opinion of humanity, don't you. There's just no convincing you than people can and do think and act other than from base motives. I guess this is what makes you a perfect match for UKIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                      You have such a miserably low opinion of humanity, don't you. There's just no convincing you than people can and do think and act other than from base motives. I guess this is what makes you a perfect match for UKIP.
                      On the contrary, I have a higher opinion of humanity than you, it seems to me. I have belief in people to make something of themselves, rather than chopping down successful people and "making us all equal".

Comment

I have belief in people to make something of themselves, .
                        Utter bollocks when referring to the people you seem to admire.....
                        IBS? Alan Sugar ? don't make me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                          Utter bollocks when referring to the people you seem to admire.....
                          IBS? Alan Sugar ? don't make me laugh
                          That's the point. People like Sugar and IDS don't bother me. I'm not the envious type. What does it matter what others have got? Good luck to them. If there are people who don't have enough, we must empower them, not rob the successful people.

Comment

His wife's rich daddy can do whatever he wants with his money - politics of envy as usual.
                            Not from here, for one! Couldn't care less what they do - but, since taxpayers' money finds IDS's job, you cannot reasonably expect all taxpayers not to be exercised over his proposals.

Comment

I said in this context -pay attention.
                              Please be more specific, not least in the context that I put to you for consideration.

Comment

Of whom, though? And who are the passengers?

Comment

Working...
                                X