Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Trojan Horse plot'

In the now burried Remembrance Day thread BO referred to a 'Trojan Horse affair' -

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    And you are very vocal about all things to do with education, but I do not recall a single word from you on the so called Trojan Horse affair.
    I pointed out that there was no plot, as investigations made clear -

18 July
    Birmingham City Council releases key findings from its inquiry into 25 schools.
    Written by Ian Kershaw, it finds no evidence of violent extremism, radicalisation or an anti-British agenda being promoted. However, it does warn of governance problems in some schools.
    22 July
    Peter Clarke's report for the DfE is officially released.
    Mr Clarke said his inquiry found no evidence of extremism but "there are a number of people in a position of influence who either espouse, or sympathise with or fail to challenge extremist views".

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-28370552

The famous anonymous letter which set it all in motion is probably in the same category as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the Zinoviev Letter.

Meanwhile extremist Christian schools are allowed to carry on without investigation.

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    In the now burried Remembrance Day thread BO referred to a 'Trojan Horse affair' -

I pointed out that there was no plot, as investigations made clear -

18 July
    Birmingham City Council releases key findings from its inquiry into 25 schools.
    Written by Ian Kershaw, it finds no evidence of violent extremism, radicalisation or an anti-British agenda being promoted. However, it does warn of governance problems in some schools.
    22 July
    Peter Clarke's report for the DfE is officially released.
    Mr Clarke said his inquiry found no evidence of extremism but "there are a number of people in a position of influence who either espouse, or sympathise with or fail to challenge extremist views".

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-28370552

The famous anonymous letter which set it all in motion is probably in the same category as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and the Zinoviev Letter.

Meanwhile extremist Christian schools are allowed to carry on without investigation.
    Before you start falling over yourself to have a pop at Christian schools, read what I said. I accused MrGG and Alpinesinfonie of banging on about Gove, but being silent about "the so-called Trojan Horse plot".

Don't congratulate yourself, you've pointed nothing out. We are all aware of the allegations and the subsequent report.

Calm down a bit, you're a bit too excitable about such matters.

Comment

The report did not find penguins.

It found

"......disturbing" evidence that people with a "shared ideology" were trying to gain control of governing bodies in Birmingham...."

"...... sustained and co-ordinated agenda to impose upon children in a number of Birmingham schools the segregationist attitudes and practices of a hardline and politicised strain of Sunni Islam".

"......co-ordinated, deliberate and sustained action to introduce an intolerant and aggressive Islamist ethos into some schools in the city".

The agenda would have confined....... "schoolchildren within an intolerant, inward-looking monoculture that would severely inhibit their participation in the life of modern Britain".

All of this in a non-faith state school.

My point was that whilst people go bananas about Gove, they remain silent on these matters.

You go crazy about Gove, and on this, you give us cartoons about penguins.

Comment

There was no plot
        There are religious nutters everywhere who really shouldn't be involved in education at all.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a "Christian" funeral
        very old school
        and what struck me was what a weird cult this religion is

"schoolchildren within an intolerant, inward-looking monoculture that would severely inhibit their participation in the life of modern Britain".
        Reminds me of some Catholic schools i've been to

Pretending that daft people only exist in one place is rather unwise

Goves replacement seems to be saying some ridiculous nonsense, so no change there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          There was no plot
          There are religious nutters everywhere who really shouldn't be involved in education at all.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a "Christian" funeral
          very old school
          and what struck me was what a weird cult this religion is

Reminds me of some Catholic schools i've been to

Pretending that daft people only exist in one place is rather unwise

Goves replacement seems to be saying some ridiculous nonsense, so no change there.
          Not interested in your views on religion. What interests me is how you go feral on Christianity, Gove and all the other easy targets, then completely chicken-out on something very significant like this.

Comment

Not interested in your views on religion. What interests me is how you go feral on Christianity, Gove and all the other easy targets, then completely chicken-out on something very significant like this.
            It's not very significant
            Your sub plot is along the lines of the idea that there is some Islamic conspiracy that is trying to take over schools and society
            there isn't
            there are good and bad people everywhere

Comment

It's not very significant
              Your sub plot is along the lines of the idea that there is some Islamic conspiracy that is trying to take over schools and society
              there isn't
              there are good and bad people everywhere
              No sub-plot. No Islamic conspiracy. Just plain wrong, but you're scared of it. What is it that shits you up about this?

Comment

No sub-plot. No Islamic conspiracy. Just plain wrong, but you're scared of it. What is it that shits you up about this?
                I'm not scared of it at all
                I've worked in one of the schools in the report
                and it wasn't in the least bit scary at all
                Your kipper mates are the ones who are scared but of something that is in their heads

Comment

My point was that whilst people go bananas about Gove, they remain silent on these matters.
                  And my point was that you were accusing people of not discussing something about which there was nothing to discuss. The 'affair' was conjured up by some with a suspect agenda, & found not to be an affair at all. So, no discussion. It's you that is now trying to make something out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
                    And my point was that you were accusing people of not discussing something about which there was nothing to discuss. The 'affair' was conjured up by some with a suspect agenda, & found not to be an affair at all. So, no discussion. It's you that is now trying to make something out of nothing.
                    Something out of nothing? Nonsense. There are significant issues hi-lighted by that report. Stop being obdurate.

Comment

I'm not scared of it at all
                      I've worked in one of the schools in the report
                      and it wasn't in the least bit.................
                      Blah, blah, blah...if the kids, are united, they will never be...blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah...if the kids, are united, they will never be...blah, blah, blah.
                        Go to bed
                        you've obviously been on the sauce

Comment

Go to bed
                          you've obviously been on the sauce
                          On the contrary, I've not had a drink for two weeks, so I am about to pour myself a double Highland Park, whilst listening to Coltrane's Acension. And then I'll go to bed, if it's all the same to you.

Comment

On the contrary, I've not had a drink for two weeks, so I am about to pour myself a double Highland Park, whilst listening to Coltrane's Acension. And then I'll go to bed, if it's all the same to you.
                            How can you sleep with such things to scare you ?
                            Here come the Bulgarians

Your up-to-the-minute guide to London life, news, culture, pop-ups, openings and LOLs

Comment

Working...
                            X